• 2019 Official MK3OC Calendars now available to pre-order in the club shop!

**LIMITED STOCK REMAINING - ORDER NOW TO AVOID MISSING OUT!**

Click here to buy now.

Not a newbie

Reaction score
Evening peeps, not been on for near on 9 years so thought i'd say hi again lol

bought myself a bargain mk3 (£210) in the summer just to tide me over after the cam chain snapped in my corsavan, it didn't miss a beat but wasn't ideal for commuting to and fro work. replaced it with a mk5 astra 1.3 cdti and was going to break the mk3, 4 months later its still on the drive minus its engine and I have decided its time for another project ;)

so now I find myself looking for parts and advise again as I have the bug to tinker with cars again

ill get a build diary up asap once I can get pics to host

Last edited:

Andy_Mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Club Member
Reaction score
Hey, welcome back! That is a heck of a long time away. The mk3 always manages to work its way back into your life somewhere :lol:

Interested to know what your plans are.

Imgur is one of the best free image hosts currently.

astranaut

North West & North Wales Regional Co-ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
Hi Shane, Sam from the old vvoc days, nice to see you're still in a Vaux :) welcome back.

Reaction score
Hi Shane, Sam from the old vvoc days, nice to see you're still in a Vaux :) welcome back.
hows it going matey? just tried logging into vvoc but it seems to be no more
always been in Vauxhalls just not had a project since the blue veccy b 4 years ago

Reaction score
Hey, welcome back! That is a heck of a long time away. The mk3 always manages to work its way back into your life somewhere :lol:

Interested to know what your plans are.

Imgur is one of the best free image hosts currently.
never been away from Vauxhall, just not had a mk3 since 2010, I forgot about imgur, just tried photobucket again and its still as slow as always

plans wise it was a x16xel but im going down the z20let route , I know its harder but I don't wanna b204 it as its been done to death now

Andy_Mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Club Member
Reaction score
never been away from Vauxhall, just not had a mk3 since 2010, I forgot about imgur, just tried photobucket again and its still as slow as always

plans wise it was a x16xel but im going down the z20let route , I know its harder but I don't wanna b204 it as its been done to death now
Photobucket went downhill massively after they made all the linked images from free accounts shop working.. They're working again now but with a big watermark on them.

Not many ZLETs in mk3's, many people say there going to do it but it never materialises :laugh1: yeah b204 is very common, there was only a handful when I did mine a few years ago. But both are awesome engines and a lot of fun in a mk3!

Reaction score
not sure why the z20let wasn't done much, alright its a bit more involved with pedal swaps etc but the info is out there if peeps look hard enough. mate of mine has a mk4 sri turbo that he was doing up but got another sri turbo cheap that's been fitted with a c20let and better bodywork, so the 1st one is being broken, just waiting on some other parts then ill start it all

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
A lot of people talking of zlet swaps of late but only 1 has actually been done. Welcome back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)