Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Oil In Plug area

Best answers
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just changed my plugs over to Brisks and No4 had oil around its threads and I think it is in the plug well? Is this the rocker gasket seal ? Or another seal...
I forgot to say its the C18XE Ecotec engine.
Thanks or the advice.

Tim

Rocker cover gasket, dont use budget replacements they never seal for long, elring or genuine I've found to be fine

Rocker cover gasket & o rings. Dont forget the o rings as they leak badly. GM or nothing at all.

O-rings go around the bolts that secure the rocker on (they're located under the rocker cover that make contact with the cam caps (so that's 10 off).

They slot into the area I have circled below-

Ahh I thought it was around the plugs, now I understand. Appreciate the info, now looking for where to get a kit from.
Autovaux dont do them.....
Thanks again all info appreciated.
Looking forward to sywell in the summer :thumb:

Ahh I thought it was around the plugs, now I understand. Appreciate the info, now looking for where to get a kit from.
Autovaux dont do them.....
Thanks again all info appreciated.
Looking forward to sywell in the summer :thumb:

Oh yes, I'll be there :) Mines a phase 2 GSI with Frankenstein X20XEV engine (running a GT28 turbo).

Not sure what Ill be going in? Corsa sport 1.4 1999, or the Chevette magic replica XE powered.

I did enjoy billing for many years, I did feel MH didn't quite have the same atmosphere.... but still enjoyed seeing the variety of cars and last year it was hot!

I will pop over for a chat. Thanks again

Tim:thumb:

Just noticed your from chesterfield area.... Not too far from me, I got the Astra Cesaro from Alfreton......

Not far at all, infact my Derv mk3 was from Alfreton also if i remember right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back