• Welcome to the MK3OC Classifieds section:

Please take some time to read the rules found here: Rules and Guidance.

- If you are a trader, then please Contact Us.
    - Any other queries then you can get assistance in the HelpDesk.

Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

P reg Astra 1.6 estate for disposal

G

G Booth

I have a P reg (1997) 1.6 Vauxhall Astra Estate for disposal, here in Glasgow.

This was my father's car, who is now too old to drive, so I ran it for the last few years alongside my own car, a slightly later Astra.

The MOT expired in Dec 2020 and it has 97k miles on the clock. I would describe it as tatty but complete. It has some non-structural corrosion underneath below the rear bootlid; has had a good solid weld to the front engine subframe, a weld to one of the rear suspension "saddles" and the exhaust blows slightly. The main reason I have not kept running it is that the clutch release bearing is failing. A competent mechanic with the right facilities could repair that. I've attached a couple of pictures. I have its full service history. Presently I have it in store undercover but will need to release the space before long.

As it's getting old enough to be "interesting" and I am sure these are now getting thin on the ground (especially estates), I haven't scrapped it yet.

Might be of interest as a restoration project or for parts for someone working on a project.

Price c £150

Attachments

• 20190706_141830.jpg
    20190706_141830.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190706_141903.jpg
    20190706_141903.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 20

This was my father's car, who is now too old to drive, so I ran it for the last few years alongside my own car, a slightly later Astra.

The MOT expired in Dec 2020 and it has 97k miles on the clock. I would describe it as tatty but complete. It has some non-structural corrosion underneath below the rear bootlid; has had a good solid weld to the front engine subframe, a weld to one of the rear suspension "saddles" and the exhaust blows slightly. The main reason I have not kept running it is that the clutch release bearing is failing. A competent mechanic with the right facilities could repair that. I've attached a couple of pictures. I have its full service history. Presently I have it in store undercover but will need to release the space before long.

As it's getting old enough to be "interesting" and I am sure these are now getting thin on the ground (especially estates), I haven't scrapped it yet.

Might be of interest as a restoration project or for parts for someone working on a project.

Price c £150
Hi, is this still available

Price c £150
This still for sale mate am in Motherwell so I ain't far from you

Hi all - I still have this car here but need to dispose of it soon. If anyone is interested please call me on 07740 987445.
thanks,
Gavin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back