• Welcome to the MK3OC Classifieds section:

Please take some time to read the rules found here: Rules and Guidance.

- If you are a trader, then please Contact Us.
    - Any other queries then you can get assistance in the HelpDesk.

Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Phase one GSi rear brake valves

just want more confidence in the pedal, bite is right at the top on my mk4 :(

hispec billet 4 pots, and mk4 rear calipers, might try adjusting the push rod, see if that helps

Last edited:
Ah ok.
I'm in v6 calipers, but the pedal has never been amazing. Driving my mk4 the brakes feel sharp and responsive. The mk3 brakes feel spongy and wooden, although they still stop well with some effort. Not helped sitting for 6 months getting rusted up though.

There must be a way to improve it though.

There pushrod where the pedal goes onto the back of the servo?

Yeah,obviously you can't adjust it massive amounts but I had a play around with it and my pedals spot on!! I'm running calibra turbo servo and master cylinder(if I remember correctly?) With ap 4pots on front cav v6 on rear and inline bias valve! Do need some of these valves that tom's after though because its still slightly nervous on the back when on track

Sounds good mike, will give it a try, did you adjust it alot or just a few turns ?

Would anyone know if the brake compensator valves from a Corsa B will function ok on an Astra Mk3 GSi? They're the closest things i can find to what is originally fitted to the early Mk3 GSi's. I've got quite a serious problem with Bias, rear end locks on hard braking.

Todd - I've discovered (From research) that the load sensing valve that fixes to the rear axle you mentioned, won't work on a lowered car. Less travel on the axle which wont operate the valve effectively. Some say that lowering the car creates the locking up problem.

TomF - Did you get round to sorting the bias on your car? (Sorry, i know this thread is quite old)
Any thoughts on the compensator valves below that fit Corsa B ?

10F97167-B973-439C-9A37-0D9F549D7634.jpeg

I've not personally had an issue and mine is lowered, but never really had to brake mega hard, all I can find on the standard one is that it's 8/3 the valve, not sure what that means though

Andy I cant comment on the suitability of Corsa valves but can see them going some way to helping with yours locking up, will certainly be better than having no valves in at all !

The load valve is adjustable according to haynes, theres a sliding bolt that you move to keep tension on the spring depending on your ride height.

I adjusted the pushrod on the master cylinder to get rid of almost all the free play/travel and it made the pedal feel a hell of a lot better..

Andy I cant comment on the suitability of Corsa valves but can see them going some way to helping with yours locking up, will certainly be better than having no valves in at all !

The load valve is adjustable according to haynes, theres a sliding bolt that you move to keep tension on the spring depending on your ride height.

I adjusted the pushrod on the master cylinder to get rid of almost all the free play/travel and it made the pedal feel a hell of a lot better..

o i might try this! was this the rod that goes from the pedal to the servo?

o i might try this! was this the rod that goes from the pedal to the servo?

Yes mate pedal push rod into servo, theres a lock nut to undo the turn the rod to adjust then retighten nut :thumb:

Yes mate pedal push rod into servo, theres a lock nut to undo the turn the rod to adjust then retighten nut :thumb:

Awesome tip, cheers mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back