Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Polite Driving

Is The Polite British Matter Disappearing

• Total voters

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ok ive noticed over the last few months people are becoming utterly rude on the roads. My gripe is you flash to let someone out of a road or pull in front of you and they dont say thank you at all :frusty:

If anyone ever lets me out etc i always flash my indicators or hazards, at least acknowledge them to say thank you as its polite!

Anyone else noticed that the polite British matter is disappearing?

srb

Reaction score
yep definately, i cant remember the last time i was thanked after letting someone out or through. on the other hand, i havent noticed anyone being less curteous in terms of letting me pull out in tight situations or anything - just when its the other way round theres never even a change of facial expression

Reaction score
i let people out that look nice if they look like a tw4t/grumpy/c@ck i dont and stick to the same as kev i always mae it very clear im grateful for being let out or given way to

Reaction score
glad i'm not the only one. been saying this for years...........

and it tends to be the older generations that are the biggest culprits. :mad2:

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
its pathetic us english should be civil :(

Reaction score
got to be said their not as bad in wales for it compared to some places iv been

Reaction score
I find its all the posh c**ts that drive bmws, mercs or range rovers up here, they think they have a right to be let out the k**b jockeys..

that is so true range rover drivers the worst i think, big car big ego small d**k lmao

Reaction score
i think alot of poeple are just more stressy/moody nowadays, dont think its just where driving is concerned. even poeple in shops are rude now, its like alot of poeple just dont care about manors etc anymore :thumbsdown:

Reaction score
What I can't stand is people not acknowledging you when you stop for them a zebra crossings....makes my blood boil :mad2:

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
well today 2 people where polite out of 6 :(

Reaction score
I totally agree, people are so ignorant :sad:

So many times i let people out, give people the right of way etc, no thanks, no wave, no bloody nothing.

It really does wind me up, manners cost nothing. I always thank people when the let me out etc (which is a bloody rarity)!!!

I had some guy who would'nt let me in (merging lanes) he was on the inside, and shot up the inside from behind, i had the kids in the car aswell :o:o:o

I was raging, and he was trying to have a go at me!
He soon shut up when he realised i dint care to much about damaging my old 'tatty' astra, to get into the lane :lol::heh::nod:

Users who are viewing this thread