• Welcome to the MK3OC Classifieds section:

Please take some time to read the rules found here: Rules and Guidance.

- If you are a trader, then please Contact Us.
    - Any other queries then you can get assistance in the HelpDesk.

Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

ported/polished 16xe head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Reaction score
16xe head came off a c16xe(plastic inlet) was ported/polished for a lad who ended up deciding he didnt want it. im not going to use it.

will get pics for people if genuinly interested.

has been match ported, cut back guides, new stem seals, skimmed.

ready to bolt on

£150inc postage, need shifting soon as.

phil 07807 040522 located chester

just to add ive known Phil and his work for a long long time, its second to none and this is a bloody bargain!

better mid/top end. a few lads who have run my 20xe heads on stock motors have seen a decent gain in pick up and grunt too

obv like any other mod if you have cams, decent exhaust, etc they all work better with eachother. you may gain say 5bhp with just a head, but with a set of cams you may gain 15bhp and more mid range torque, all depends what else has been done to how much gain you get.

i used to run a c16xe with inlet, pistons, l/b, ported head and stock exhaust mani/system in my corsa and that would spank 106gti's and valver corsas up to about 100 and be really revvy too.

cheers kev:beer:

bttt:beer:

i tend to build 20XE/LET engines, i try not to have to fit them as i dont really like working on cars just builsing the engines lol

i only do the heads when people want them doing, the lad i did this one for pestered like mad then when i had done the head decided he didnt want it, so wasnt very happy. just want it shifting out my way now

sorry to go off topic, but could / would you do the shims on my TD, as the clearances need sorting as its a struggle to start when cold

what engine is it matey? and im sure i could sort something for you

its the isuzu engine mate. ive read on some sites that doing the shims will sort it, but a garage said id need new valves and valve seats as its a poor starter when cold. yet everyone whos had the same problem did something with the shims and now theres will start 1st time even at -5

valve seats? they must mean seats refaced, wouldnt be worht poutting new seats in for the cost. if heads off i can have a look if wanted to pop up some time.

and bttt.

reduced £120posted

ok cheers mate. im guessing it could be done in a day? with a headgasket kit and timing belt kit

possible, but id say 2days to be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back