Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

potential problems?

Best answers
Reaction score
P2230234.jpg

thinking of fitting these wheels to the mk3, but im also planning on lowering it in the future, possibly -60mm but most likely -40mm

now, the wheels are et37, 15"

am i going to get odd wear? tramlining? and am i risking fouling the arches over bumps or when loaded up? as they stick out a lot further when i bolted one on to see

depends how wide they are (i'd guess 6") and also what tyres you put on

lowering 60mm does tend to cause tramlining AND uneven tyre wear

its a punch up between image and practicality mate, your call of course

well my wheels are et37 - was about 70mm lower and no issues what so ever. Wear was normal, had it full up when i went to the ring and was perfectly fine. If you go 40mm will defo have no issues. So go for it :)

depends how wide they are (i'd guess 6") and also what tyres you put on

lowering 60mm does tend to cause tramlining AND uneven tyre wear

its a punch up between image and practicality mate, your call of course

sorry, they're 7j x 15 so 7" wide i think that means, incidentally, sport alloys are 6" wide aren't hey?

i see what you are saying, was hoping to make it look a bit more up to date than my sport alloys and retain practicality by sticking to 15's

your pushing it abit with the offset there, probably would be fine in terms of rubbing just might tramline abit. if i was you id probably look to sell them and spend the money on respraying your sport ones.

grrr, oh well, decided, they're going and i'll keep my eyes open for some nice 17's..

on a different note, any1 think these would sell at VBOA spares day as they're not actually Vaux wheels?

fecked if i know :lol: just standard aftermarket alloys by Avalini Design, not sure of what model they are

they've been on a Renault and a Mk3, though think spigot rings are needed to go on mk3 properly..

they're 7j x 15, pcd 100, et37

Mines lowered 60mm on Sport 15's, and i dont have uneven tyre wear at all. I did when i had knackered lower arm bushes/balljoints and bad tracking though :rolleyes::heh::doh:

It does tramline sometimes though, but you get used to it, and its not very often at all.

pah, im running with 17's, et35 and am lovered 40-50mm and have no problems with tramlining, uneven wear on the tyres and have never had an arch touch the tyre. go for it fella, keep it to 50 profile tyres for a little coimfort (plus anything smaller on 15's on a mk3 will make it look silly, mk3's arches are huge!)

wear in the middle of the tyre?

these wheels look sweet. bit small for the astra though? maybe a nice lupo slammed to the floor

Tramlining is where the wheels grab the lines/odd cambers in the road. (usually lines left by lorries, or poor road laying etc) and pulls the car into them, feels abit like torque steer is the only way i could describe it.

Or at least thats what i think it is :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back