Re: Hi everybody!!

Reaction score
Hi folks!!

I'm Hugh Waddell from Newcastle Upon Tyne and I have a strong passion for vauxhall cars!!

We've had quite a lot of Vauxhalls in our family 2 Cavaliers in The nineties and noughties, my mum had an mk1 avocado green astra in the eighties and my uncle has just recently bought a 1.6l limited edition Astra j!!

I'd really like a mk3 astra so what do I look for?!!

HUGH

Andy_Mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Club Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MK3OC.

Looking for a MK3, one of the biggest things to look for is rust. Rear arches and rear shock absorber mounts in the boot are some of the most common places, but a general look round for rust is a must. Anything else applies to buying a car in general really. Such as service history including timing belt changes, if it's not been changed then it's something you will need to consider doing.

Mr.Negative

Club Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of GSI's on Ebay too, I guess if you're prepared to spend that kinda money then GSIs would be a better call? I guess it depends on what engine and spec you're after though, I do love sports personally.

Reaction score
There are plenty of GSI's on Ebay too, I guess if you're prepared to spend that kinda money then GSIs would be a better call? I guess it depends on what engine and spec you're after though, I do love sports personally.
Well the thing is I would want a car that was sporty but didn't look sporty!! Do you get my drift?!!

HUGH

Reaction score
Folks,

I've found this one of eBay!! The seller doesn't look terribly trustworthy!!But l think it's quite a good car!!

HUGH

Last edited:
Reaction score
Folks,

I've found this one of eBay!!The seller doesn't look terribly trustworthy!! But it does look quite a good car!!

HUGH

astranaut

North West & North Wales Regional Co-ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
I dont think it's worth 700, maybe running with no ticket but with both against it a few hundred quid? When I first joined what 10 years ago you could buy an MOTed GSi for that, how times change

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'd be offering £350 - £400 if i felt good. I paid alot less for mine ok needed a clutch but I ripped the engine out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)