• We have just 2 Official MK3OC Wall Calendars left, find them here in the Club Shop! CLICK HERE

Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Rear beam bolts Help!!!

Todd100

Club Member
Reaction score
So the rear beam bolts are seized solid, I've got the nut off no issues, will the bolts come out though, will they f**k!

I've tried hammering them out, I've tried a SDS drill on chisel mode to move them, even tried a make shift puller but can't get them to budge, any ideas before I hack them out?

I think they are rusted into the metal sleeve that runs through the middle of the poly bushes

astranaut

North West & North Wales Regional Co-ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
Can you get someone to tap the end whilst you've got a ratchet on the other, turning it whilst knocking it?

Todd100

Club Member
Reaction score
You can get onto the end of it slightly and I've given it a good wack, however it's the whole Bush insert that turns and not the bolt

Reaction score
I had the similar problem on a gearbox mount on my zafira, the bolt and sleeve fused together, two different metals, even tried a sledge hammer. Ended up having to cut the mount to pieces. Your probably going to have to cut with a thin cutting blade through the bolt.

Todd100

Club Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was going to be my next step I think

Todd100

Club Member
Reaction score
I've looked at it and that's about it haha, haven't had much time lately but think I'm going to have to cut them out, any ideas if the petrol tank comes out without removing the beam?

Reaction score
Yes tank should come out with the beam on. You might want to get those bushes out though as there obviously buggered. You tried putting an impact driver on that beam bolt?

Todd100

Club Member
Reaction score
I can get an impact gun on the passengers side and it just spins the sleeve in the bush, I want to get the tank out of the way before I get the angle grinder out and cut the bolts through

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)