Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Removing grime and algae...

astranaut

North West & North Wales Regional Co-ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Best answers
Reaction score
Hia guys, can you recommend something that will clear the door shuts/seals of the green algae **** from standing? I've seen something before but can't for the life of me remember what it's called, a friend recommended G101 but seems a bit harsh for paintwork.

Also while we're at it apart from AG HD wax, is there a good budget wax available? More so for white cars? I've been using turtle wax but it dries very powdery and gets everywhere.

Cheers fellas

:rofl:

Ok il rephrase that, stuff that will soften up the rubbish in places that are hard to get into, like the boot surround :)

For the boot surround and door shuts, I just used an old toothbrush and soapy water.

G101 is fine it's a multi purpose I believe. For budget all the autosmart stuff is amazing tbf. Red7 fantastic. Tardis. Etc

Last edited:
For all purpose cleaner I just use Tesco daisy diluted down its cheap and works great. Tooth bush in the nooks and crannies then wash it all away.

Polish it with AG super resin polish all though dusty will work wonders then if you have HD wax use it if not then look at the dodo juice range.

They are hard waxes and last.

If you want a simple approach use AG Aqua wax or similar. Example this stuff is amazing and lasts bloody ages even from a little sample from CYR (discount code in members section)

AutoPerfekt N1 Cote 50ml bottle

If you want a sample hard wax to try before you buy anything I've a few tester pre release pots and can send you one free let me know.

Cheers Kev, that would be grand, let me know what postage is and I'll drop you a PM :)

pm me your address Ill get one out today / tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back