Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

removing steering wheel

some weird reason mine wouldnt budge so i put the key in the ignition turn it to one position and give it it a quick yank and it just popped off

Last edited:
Done it twice with no puller, just give it a wack :) But leave it on few turns so you dont lose teeth.

I always put my wheels straight and left the steering locked. Undid the nut, then hit it hard with my palm at the top, bottom, left then right in that order.

2 hard hits at each point and it just popped off. If that fails grab it and pull it back sharp and hard. Again leave the nut on, it will come forward with it loose, trust me. You dont need to take it off.

yes do leave the nut on as it will come off and smack you in the face when you pull at it

If you dont put the wheels forward, its a right job to get it all back perfect, lots of adjusting and trial and error.

If you dont put the wheels forward, its a right job to get it all back perfect, lots of adjusting and trial and error.

my wheel at the moment seems to be a little to the left when im going in a straight line do you think it will be the steering wheel causing this?

Possibly, or it could be your tracking.

got it off at last with a big hammer lol got it fitted but does this look normal it sticks out alot, only way i can shorten the boss is by half an inch at the end,
dsc00730z.jpg

Looks about right to me mate, it takes some getting used to. Just stick your seat back a little and ride dirty :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back