Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

respray

Hard to say...is it just the out side ?colour change? interior?engine bay?minor dents scuffs removed? will you pre prep,prime and mask? solid,flip,mica,met etc paint?

If its just a prep, mask and a fresh layer of solid colur 2k paint on the out side your looking at £300-£1000

Might be cheaper if you get a m8 to do it or you prep and pre mask but some peeps dont like you doing that..

i'm having a full exterior respray including gsi bodykit and them fitting the kit for just over a grand

also getting them to do extras like roof rails, door handles, mirrors etc

AstraBen said:
i'd highly recommend doing the prep work yourself, and get it towed to a bodyshop. the preparation is the most time consuming, so if you do it yourself, your cutting the costs dramatically.

If its crap then your wasting your money.

AstraBen said:
i'd highly recommend doing the prep work yourself, and get it towed to a bodyshop. the preparation is the most time consuming, so if you do it yourself, your cutting the costs dramatically.

not a good idea

if the finish is ****e then your preppin will be blamed, therefore no comeback
cant see many bodyshops agreeing to do that anyway (decent ones)

if your goin to prep it, spray it yourself

If the car is clean (no rust etc) then prep time shouldnt be much, but all paint jobs have around 80% of time spent on prep and only a small percentage laying the paint on the car, then its time to finish the job off and hopefully clean the car ready for the customer to take it away.
Thats how it should be done, and today you will pay alot for that. If you do take it to a bodyshop, go by what people say, most paint jobs dont turn out as good as they should do.

Or wait a few months and i should have access to a large booth in northampton for £200+ a weekend, + paint + labour. ;)

ok, i got that one wrong, i'm planning on doing the prep work myself, and letting a mate do it for me. i certainly wouldn't recommend doing the prep yourself, and sending it to a bodyshop, as they will try and get away with anything they can - believe me, i know and experienced getting ripped off..

Well here in bristol my quotes for a kit fitting and full re-spray are £1900 and £3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone knows somewhere that can do it for a grand let me know, I'll travel anywhere in the uK.

mphowells said:
Well here in bristol my quotes for a kit fitting and full re-spray are £1900 and £3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone knows somewhere that can do it for a grand let me know, I'll travel anywhere in the uK.

I take it thats a colour change too??

*shameless plug*

Paulos done my wing and bumper and bits ... he's absolutely ****e, don't go near the man ;) hehe

Nah, top stuff man :) (bar the lacquer run!!!!)

I still need to refinish that rob lol Next time your over we'll mask up that wing and give it a few coats of clear ;)

mphowells, I suppose if its a close match you could get away without haven the engine bay painted. Most of the cash for full paint jobs go in labour taken your car apart, esp doors to do shuts etc.

Paul0 said:
I still need to refinish that rob lol Next time your over we'll mask up that wing and give it a few coats of clear ;)

mphowells, I suppose if its a close match you could get away without haven the engine bay painted. Most of the cash for full paint jobs go in labour taken your car apart, esp doors to do shuts etc.

Ah I see, so for a full re-spray does the price seem ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back