Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

It was just nothing to report. Sent the car off to a mate whos being doing it in his spare time and he text me yesterday saying its passed its mot. Havent picked it up yet.

epic news

All ok now Rick

All ok now Rick

Yeah all done and legal again, good lord those powerflex bushes make the back end solid, never thought they'd make that much of a difference.

All the floor welded up and undersealed, went through emissions test 1st time without any issues, that probably came down to a decent run up the bypass to my mates unit, brakes were the same, probably just needed bedding in which the drive over wouldve done.

The mot guy who failed it said one of the handbrake return springs was missing so i stupidly bought 2 new ones from vauxhall and went to fit them before taking it to the unit and both of them were there and working fine :confused:

Next plans are to get it de-catted, fit the bigger radiator ive had lying in the garage for about 3 years and finally some engine bay tidying up.

Today was one of those days where plans just don't work out. The bmw was in for its mot since i kinda forgot it runs out tomorrow so had to put a rush on that and also today the kia is in the dealership for a recall fix so ive had to put the astra into daily duties.

And ive just finished a nightshift so im effin knackered. Stacey is also working til 11 so heres the dilemma, ive got the bmw back from the mot place (pass btw) but ive had to leave that in the premiere inn car park next to the mot place since i cant drive 2 cars at once. Now once kia phone me i need to go get the GT back but again i cant drive 2 cars at once and its 18 miles away. Fudge

In the mean time heres the only ever pic ever taken 15 mins ago of the v6 and the bmw side by side

I hate being an adult

Thought I updated this on Xmas eve but obviously not. Can't be bothered uploading the pics but basically took this out on Xmas eve and after a couple of miles it started misfiring badly, to the point I'm sure it was only firing on 2 cylinders. Parked up and left until today.

It started up fine gave it a quick blip of the throttle and seemed fine. Took the plunge and took it out a drive, got 30ft down the road and same thing happened but it is firing all cylinders just won't go above 3500 rpm and the noise coming through the air box is mental loud so something is causing to misfire, badly.

I thought it might be the coil pack so swapped that out 1st, still the same, changed the air flow meter just to rule that out and no change, changed the front 3 ht leads and plugs but yup still no change. I've had a good poke around and can't find any air leaks or anything obvious there. I can't change the rear plugs and leads because it's a manifold off job and I can't source a new gasket yet but that's the next job.

Also found an oil leak at the top but it's actually the oil cap seal it's leaking from so nothing too difficult there.

Left like that for the time being.

Attachments

• IMG_20190206_155651.jpg
    IMG_20190206_155651.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 10
Had similar on my old Calibra SE9. Check the coil pack plug to main loom wiring as the plastic covering can go brittle causing shorts. The coil fires in pairs so might explain why it feels like it's running on 2 if it's shorting out. Strip the wiring cover from plug to manifold & check each of the 4 wires. Mine was a simple fix with insulation tape, never caused me any further issues.

Had similar on my old Calibra SE9. Check the coil pack plug to main loom wiring as the plastic covering can go brittle causing shorts. The coil fires in pairs so might explain why it feels like it's running on 2 if it's shorting out. Strip the wiring cover from plug to manifold & check each of the 4 wires. Mine was a simple fix with insulation tape, never caused me any further issues.

I've had a look and found a couple of squashed wires but noting broken, had a wriggle around but nothing changed.

Couple videos as well

So basically, answers on a postcard please

Sounds like lack of fuel pressure to me, rather than a misfire

Sounds like lack of fuel pressure to me, rather than a misfire

I didn't think of that to be honest, I'll have a look at that next. Gotta spare pump and regulator anyway

if it is you should be able to turn it on and off and it be fine again, and be able to rev it as much as you want when stationary and it have no issues

I've pulled out the fuel pump to check and see if this could be the problem, I thought I had a spare but it turns out the spare is from a vectra and no use but I've took a crap video of each to see if anyone has any knowledge of its faulty.

Astra mpi pump

Vectra X20xev pump

And a favour to ask if any of you guys reading this have a spare pump could I buy/borrow it to check and see if that's the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back