Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Rick's BMW 320D M-sport

rickisgrate

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Best answers
Reaction score
With the Vectra needing too much doing to it, clutch, 3 springs, wishbones, tyres etc etc it was time to get rid and go a bit up market. A few weeks ago I saw a black 60 plate 320d business edition for sale local. Took it for a run, nice car but it wasn't what I wanted.

On the way home drove past a Honda dealership and just stopped in out of curiosity. The sales woman was very nice and polite and didn't pester me constantly like most of them do. After a look around the forecourt nothing took my fancy so as I was leaving she asked me if it was anything in particular I wanted I said bmw 320d tourer in white and she replied "aye we have one here" to my surprise.

Round the back of the garage just in off the transporter, there it was.

Got a cracking deal for it that I couldn't turn down so after the deal was done had to wait 2 weeks on the dvla transferring my plate, but all done now and home safe and sound.

320d m sport plus 184 is the full title of it, not quite sure what the plus is but I'm happy with it. Full heated leather, Bluetooth, USB, Aux, bla bla bla.

Any interior shots? I dont have all the Idrive stuff in mine as its its pre lci but nice cars aint they. Avoid pot holes are wheels are like chocolate and crack :lol:

You on run flats? I ditched them and so much better. You as my as I hate to say this have the better engine for fuel and mpg my mate gets near 750 miles out of his on a run and his is on nearly 300k! I get nearly 500 on a run...............

Mines doesn't have the idrive either, tbh I don't really mind everything is there in front of me anyway without having to navigate through loads of menus. The business edition I drove had it but it's just a distraction. Not gonna lie, haven't even checked if they're run flats, haven't even really seen the car in daylight yet due to work. I seriously considered the 330d but running costs and tax put me off, had to be sensible with at least one car in the household

End of the day you have the astra for fun

Looks fantastic rick nice buy

Thursday night at work and had absolutely nothing to do, all of the shift decided to use up holidays so I decided to use the storage unit for a bit of cleaning. 2am cleaning cars inside a nice air conditioned ware house is surprisingly fun for somebody who really despises cleaning cars. Anyway a few pics

Also I'm now on instant grams or whatever it is so follow me on there (rickisgrate)

I usually use fairly liquid if I'm cleaning the astra but no I used the stuff that came with the car, diamond brite or something. Comes in a fancy carry case and has everything in it you need to give the car a good shine

Aye it sais on the leaflet inside it never polish again, then includes polish. Apparently you get extra £100 trade in value if you put the diamond brite sticker on the window as well

Not really done much with this except clean it, which is something I never do is clean cars regularly. Got a few new bits in the stock pile to be fitted so better updates to come. In the mean time some pics from Friday night.

love it in white :(

Looks good Rick. It's nice to have a car that just needs cleaning and the odd bit of fuel all year round lol.
Indeed. There comes a time you just don't wanna be lying on the ground fixing cars all the time

Nice day today so I decided to swap out the candle halo rings for leds, fairly simple swap just time consuming having to remove wheels and arch liners.

Old lights

Arch liners removed

Old weird over complicated contraption

Vs new loads of extra wires contraption

And the finished result

Old vs new

Next step is to convert the dipped beam and foglights to a nicer white light

MuCh better.

I don't have halos on mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back