Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Rick's saving the planet Insignia

rickisgrate

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Best answers
Reaction score
The BMW had to go, it sucked on fuel, sucked to drive and just generally sucked all round. So I needed a replacement and I decided to get something cheep and cheerful that I can basically run into the ground the same as my old vectra.

I looked at various makes and models but in the end I decided to get an updated vectra of sorts.

Enter the 2014 Vauxhall insignia cdti eco.... something.

So basically it's an insignia diesel, the same as your neighbour has and the same as his or her or whatever they define themselves as neighbour has.

Its comfy to drive, has loads of driver comforts and will do 0-60 in well under an hour but most importantly cheap to run and FREE TO TAX. And it's free to tax because........... Tony Blair sais so and I'm not willing to argue with the president.

Onto some features, sat nav which is much better than my TomTom that I got in 2011 and haven't ever updated, digital radio so I don't have to listen to today's awful music and can happily listen so smooth radio or absolute 80s all day, Bluetooth which actually let's my mobile telephone connect to it unlike a certain BMW, electric drivers seat, passenger seat scum get a pikey manual labour seat and all the usual air con climate control yadda yadda yadda

Also has this weird touch pad thing which is supposed to let you draw on the screen rather than press the screen, absolutely useless

And the boot is massive, just what I need to throw all my junk in and leave forever, I mean this is the biggest create your own pizza Asda do and it hardly takes up any room at all

Also has this thing attached to the steering column which the BMW never had, not sure what it does besides making a flashing warning light appear on the dashboard

So that's that, it's a Vauxhall Insignia and hopefully it'll last a good 5 years like the vectra did without too much fuss.

Keep it real homees

I do like the insignia its just so big. I cant believe you bmw was crap on fuel. Was it a 320? They go for miles on nothing.

It was a 320d and in 2 years of ownership I never cracked any better than 35mpg, in general it ran about 32-33mpg in driving miss daisy mode, absolutely sh*te. I honestly hated the bmw, so overrated and under specced it was unreal, difference between the insignia and bmw is night and day

It was a 320d and in 2 years of ownership I never cracked any better than 35mpg, in general it ran about 32-33mpg in driving miss daisy mode, absolutely sh*te. I honestly hated the bmw, so overrated and under specced it was unreal, difference between the insignia and bmw is night and day
sounds like it had a fault. I've been using the mrs astra last few weeks and I love it. 2ltr diesel. Just no bluetooth but a pure dab highway is going in this weekend and its perfect then.

Well it's someone else's problem now, as well as a heap of other problems with it. I'd go for a justdrive dab kit so it's hidden outta sight and looks factory. I'm gonna put one of them in Proceed next month. I looked at an astra and a mokka but decided the insignia is the best for the money.

I like the insignias, they dont feel very big inside for a big car though, quite a low roof or high seats

Yeah something was seriously wrong with that, I get 40MPG coming home from work at mach 3.

Still think the Insignia is a cracking car though, the boot space is really impressive and the spec is decent with them. Good buy Rick :)

So is this an insight into your new job?

Selling photocopiers or ubering? :heh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back