Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Robbed of £100

Best answers
Reaction score
Just woundering if anyone else here has bought chips of mig and and been tucked up? I bought a set of evo5 chips last month for £100 and didint here anything else till two weeks later they turned up, So i thought all was good. Then come the day of fitting them, much to my surprise they didnt work! So got hold of the seller again told him the problem, he said yea no problem and he will sent another set of first class and should have them within two days. Over two weeks later again still no chips and having real trouble getting hold of him on the phone, only answering by text and then just fobing me off saying yes he will post them next day delivery for me but he never does. Has anyone else had this problem dont know what else to do?

report it to the mig mods mate thy should be able to help and get on to paypal as long as you havent sent money as a gift thy will get it back 4 you mate

Beardy i bought them off. Cant claim of palpal as i sent it as a gift as he requested. Thought i would be ok as loads of other members had used him.

i never send as gift (well i have 2 a few that i fill i can trust ) i send a couple of quid extra to cover the charges because if you have a problem then you can claim it back never pays to send it as a gift

strange that, i'd always herd good things of beardys chips, thats what i always had in my astra.

Thats what i had read about him thats why i sent the money to him. He seemed to know the problem with the chips tho as soon as i rung him about them, No eml light as smelling of fuel when cranking

i dont know what to do, its not that im missing the money, i really wanted them chips for a track day that i missed last week end. Didnt but them from a for sale add as i dont think the thread would be aloud.

my evo5 chips have been fine for years and years and years, retaining full diagnosis too which the cheaper ones dont.

hopefully he'll sort you out mate.

I hope so to mate as i thought this was a good little community to be in, and hate being ripped of if i am being ripped off.

i dont know what to do, its not that im missing the money, i really wanted them chips for a track day that i missed last week end. Didnt but them from a for sale add as i dont think the thread would be aloud.

Yeah, as i thought, a for sale advert isn't allowed, how did you buy them did he reply to a wanted advert?

No i got in contact with him after reading alot of possitive reports from other members, Maybe im being a bit harsh but i paid the money on the 17th of last month and they were meant to be shipped the next day:Cry:

No i got in contact with him after reading alot of possitive reports from other members, Maybe im being a bit harsh but i paid the money on the 17th of last month and they were meant to be shipped the next day:Cry:

well put a thread up on mig may help and if he is clued up he will put it right for the sake of future customers.

If he doesnt then other possible customers would stay away i know i would.

well posted a thread up on mig and seems that its my own fault for buying copy chips

well posted a thread up on mig and seems that its my own fault for buying copy chips

at least you are warning other users though mate. Best you can do. Stuff what people say about it. You were sold a dodgey item. Simple as that!!!

well tried to get hold of him today by phone and email but no answer to either. Think i can safely say that my money is lost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back