Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Ronnies c20let gsi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc

Best answers
Reaction score
Hello there! now i've got my newly aquired mk3 i fort i'd set up a owners diary to keep everyone updated on my progress! i'm not planning no major changes, all the things i want are there, just tidying really! getting it slightly closer to perfection i guess you could call it!:laugh:

here are some pics of it when i got it!

mikeysastra3.jpg

mikeysastra7.jpg

mikeysastra6.jpg

fifst ting i had to change was the number plates, as cool as they are, they got me a 30quid fine on the first day out, woops :laugh:

day 2 was put the yellow and white plates back on and a 5 hour wash and polish :nod:

Image056.jpg

and a tempery repair to the front splitter (was the only imperfection to the body)

Image055.jpg

shiney shiney on its first proper trip out :cool:

Image059.jpg

Image057.jpg

Image058.jpg

:cool:

the first thing i wanted to do is mount the intercooler properly as it was ever so slightly wonky!

here is was to start with

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

took out all the old fan wires and made up new fan looms as the aftermarket fan was wired up more conviently than neatly!

IMG_0016.jpg

made up brackets to mount the intercooler and fixed all the looms in place! nice and neat now!

IMG_0017.jpg

and heres the level intercooler!

IMG_0025.jpg

i was prop the only person that noticed it but it really bugged me:heh:

Last edited:
Top work! Nice to see an unbuchered GSi bumper without ugly bigmouth conversion.

IC looks great. Very nice GSi, just how they should be done. :)

Stunning car mate! Not to keen on the tailpipes, but iv seen worse! lol
Very clean.
Whats been done to the engine? Standard or modified? Power?

lovely colour and lovely motor full stop bud!!!
bet ya won a few races in that so far : -)

wilson_let said:
Whats been done to the engine? Standard or modified? Power?

the origional conversion was done by courtney! got all the recipts and engineers report! a standard c20let was put in!

that was about 6years ago, now its got the following

forge bottom end
arp head bolts
arp head bolts
new pistons
brand new turbo
brand new front mount intercooler
vmax evo 5 software 306bhp
475cc vxr injectors
6 speed box with quaife diff
full stainless exhaust
engine was rebuilt march 5000 miles ago

it made 261 bhp and 264lbft that was at 11 psi old superchip managment and standard injectors, the new software is set at 22psi so id say its well in the region of 300bhp now :nod:

gonna take it for a rolling road session and a proper set up soon!

Looks mint mate,any idea what rad its running?And what intercooler as its just about the same size im after for my turbo conversion

astragsi2007 said:
cheers :beer:

doubt anyone would of ever noticed it wonky but i had to sort it out, bugged me :laugh:

mate that does look spot on, only thing you gotta sort is those quad zorst pipes:sorry:

gwillzy said:
Looks mint mate,any idea what rad its running?And what intercooler as its just about the same size im after for my turbo conversion

not sure i'm afraid mate! dunno if the rad is a gm one or a custom 1, its pretty big!

and the intercooler looks like a custom made 1, cant remember wat the make of it written on the side of it!

soz cant be of much help! :sorry:

gsi said:
mate that does look spot on, only thing you gotta sort is those quad zorst pipes:sorry:

yea get that comment about the exhausts alot! rekon they restrict power with all the twists and turns aswel!

mite change it one day, but cant just spent like 300-400quid on an exhaust at the mo and wud need a new bumper too cuz of the 2nd cut out! if i did change it i'd prob go for a nice 6x4inch oval or something to follow the suttle look of the car!

astragsi2007 said:
yea get that comment about the exhausts alot! rekon they restrict power with all the twists and turns aswel!

mite change it one day, but cant just spent like 300-400quid on an exhaust at the mo and wud need a new bumper too cuz of the 2nd cut out! if i did change it i'd prob go for a nice 6x4inch oval or something to follow the suttle look of the car!

got just large free flow twin system on mine not to loud, you put on there your running 22psi boost i'm presuming thats just on over boost, you cant be running any higher than 16-17psi surely??

Thats a good spec! Nice to see you havent been cheap with anything, all top parts!
VXR Injectors are a good idea! How are they?

everything is as i brought it, i've owned it about a fortnight now, the full rebuild was done in march last year, and the turbo was done in august, and the evo5 chip and vxr injectors were done just before i braught it! its running apsolutly spot on, idles lovely and pulls like a train, i've got it booked in at T&M in colchester on 8th march for a rolling road session to have it all set up together, to make sure everythings aye-ok!

Last edited:
astragsi2007 said:
oh yea and the 22psi is overboost! and normailys boosts to 16ish! its turned down to 14psi with about 16psi overboost at the mo, just untill its gets on the rollers!

well it does look sweet mate, if mine ends up half that good I'll be chuffed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back