Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Routing Cables...

Andy_Mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Club Member
Best answers
Reaction score
Ok I was looking in my car today trying to figure out the bast way to route cables from my head unit to the boot for my sub. I want all the wires hidden as much as possible. Eventually I thought I'll ask on here.. so how have you guys done it?

Ta :)

RCA's I have going under the front passenger seat (under the carpet) into the boot, the power cable also goes under the carpet but next to the sill then into the boot

ive got the rca leads running down the drivers side sill plastics and under the rear seat into the boot and the power cable and remote lead down the pass side under all the plastics, wouldnt even know they were there lol

RCA cables run under my right side sill cover, power cables on the left. under the carpets running into the boot.

same here, no sign of them showing anywhere in the car

same as above and the amp under my seat runs under the carpets then behind the dash

RCA cables run under my right side sill cover, power cables on the left. under the carpets running into the boot.

same here and ive mega fat power cable :)

its the same one for all over the car so get one if you dont have one

:doh: yeah i completely forgot about that :lol:

one i would say is its probably best to run like the rac cable down one side and the 12v+ and the remote wire down the other as theres not a great deal of space under the sills :beer:

If the power cables a decent size then best to drill a new hole rather than try and roce it through with other wires which could damage them

im running power cable down passenger side RCA's and remotes under center console and speaker cables down the drivers side make sure you get the right size cabling for what you are running as ive seen some pretty bad damage caused to cars from using wrong size cable's and amke sure you use gromits on any holes you feed cables through

you need to keep power cable anyway from speaker cables or you will get a buzz in your speakers

hope this is of some help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back