Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

saab engine into astra?

Reaction score
hi,guys,firstly id like to introduce myself as im new to the forum,im dave,29 and from sheffield south yorkshire,and been a car fenatic from the day i learned what one was,lol.
right,got a 1995 astra 1.8 16v sport and been looking into fitting the saab 2.0 turbo engine into it,been advised its a bit of a nightmare and not worth bothering with,but regardless i still want to do it,i have a 1994 saab 9000 cse turbo which i am hoping to use for the project,really im looking for guidance on the best way to do it from those who already have.
ie do i use a saab transmission,will my astra sport box fit the saab lump,if so what flywheel and clutch shall i use,etc etc,many thanks,dave.

Reaction score
its a very closely guarded secret i think im pretty sure theres only two people have done it

Reaction score
yeah there is only 2 that i have seen of on the net,a white van and the one with a pc in the dash,worst case ill just have to figure it out for myself,just would be easier with a tad of advice thats all bud.

Reaction score
welcome to the forum mate and its a very closly gaurded secrect alouth i think astra-nige has done it alouth dont quote me

Reaction score
cheers bud,think im gonna need it,lol,i may just start bit of a thread on it soon.

Reaction score
it was astra-nige try pm him askin for info im sure that he will help as everyone is real friendly around here

Reaction score
cheers guys,i have read both of their threads in detail,if im honest thats where i got the idea from,just like you say there are quite a few close to their chest details missing,lol,im sure ill figure it out when i get started.

Reaction score
basically if im going to use a f28 box all i need to know for now is what clutch and flywheel will work with it,thats all.

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
hi, and welcome,

like the others have said, look in Deeks, and Astra-niges threads, the Saab Turbos are good engines..... dont use a Saab box tho as my mate has replaced his several times!
nige hasnt replaced his once yet and we have both given his car death :lol:

He will be back tuesday / wednesday so he can help then ;)

Reaction score
nige hasnt replaced his once yet and we have both given his car death :lol:

He will be back tuesday / wednesday so he can help then ;)
really?

one of the lucky ones! theres a club /group dedicated to Saab owners with broken boxes!!

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
the box is fine :lol:

Reaction score
i agree but if you wnated to be individual it wouldnt be a good idea to put it out on the net

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
Nige hasn't been secret about a thing its just the no how to do it thats hard. Hes helped several people now sticking them in other cars :)

nige-p

Club Member
Reaction score
hi guys as kev said ive been out the country but im back now,

Im quite happy to help with any info towards the conversion ive done myself, i did mine around the same time as deek but he is a master mechanic at saab so knows his way around these engines like the back of his hand, im a self employed mechanic and basically figured out the conversion myself with a few helps from deek towards clutch and a few other things basically comparing about how he did his and i did mine

i did a lot of research for mine and spent a good few months perusing the saab sites for information before biting the bullet and buying the car

the people that shun these engines to be honest are the people who havent experienced these engines ive driven these and c20let engines and to be honest for the effort involved with fitting these engines compared to a c20let is a lot more as as siad their is only me and deek and we havent put all the details into our diarys due to im in the business where i want to make money from the jobs i can hence why im currently putting together wiring looms to make the installation easier and im also mapping the ecu's

as kev said im currently passing emails back and forth between myself and 10 other people at the moment who are carrying out this conversion into other vauxhalls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)