• ENDING SOON! Club Membership is currently half price, and win a Weekend Camping Pass to VBOA National Rally. Click HERE for more details.

Saloon number 2

Gareth

Club Member
Reaction score
Hello all so I've finally made a start again after I'd robbed its engine 2 year ago to save the red saloon. I left this one kind of neglected. Well I did wash it last year that's about it lol. So anyway yesterday made a start in the bay it was pretty empty anyway, pulled out all the wiring down the passenger inner wing. Battery tray included splashed on some grey primer just to protect the bare metal.. plenty more to do I just wanted a start on it.

Attachments

Gareth

Club Member
Reaction score
Plan is... reshell everything off the red saloon. I.E the body kit, engine etc. Into this one due to rot and rust.

Axle and sub frame and suspension etc will be sent off for powder coat. New poly bushes etc will be bought.

I'd like to fit Epas from the corsa B and refit the A/C if I can find pipe work and condenser etc

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
I love them wheels on the green one. The colour combo work so well

Gareth

Club Member
Reaction score
Sure does work I may use them and space the fronts another 5mm to clear the calipers when I put my 4 pots on. Tempted to stay this colour. I reckon a fresh coat and it will look fresh.

djwilde69

North East Co-Ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
That green a really nice colour, will you just be going over it the same?

Gareth

Club Member
Reaction score
I'm undecided Dan but anyways cracked on today got alot more done. Engine bay is now stripped, filled in some holes with weld that's not needed. Binned the ABS and the PAS rack they not going back in... cleaned up some surface rust with my grinder and flap disc. Primed the areas. The whole bay is getting blasted soon im just looking for a nice fine media to do the job so it doesn't pot mark everywhere. Then il etch it and smooth off were needs it before prime and fresh paint

Attachments

Gareth

Club Member
Reaction score
Great to see you back on it Gaz! Good progress so far. I agree it's a stunning colour and the wheels properly suit it!
Cheers Andy I'm still torn on the colour its marmite to me. I like to be bright even tho I like Harvey's v6 hatch in this colour with the grey. Think I need to give one of you boys a picture of a white 200ts and photoshop it in colours

Gareth

Club Member
Reaction score
gave up with the idea of keeping the abs then? :lol:
Yeah Dave it's just more wires and pipes bare minimum to keep it simple. I'm keeping the wiring for this car but I'm going to unpin what's not wanted, I'm keeping the aircon so il be cool

Gareth

Club Member
Reaction score
Following on. A friend of mine has a shot blasting place near me. I asked if he had any fine grit and he did. its partially used cost me nothing but it will do for what I need it for. And secondly dug out my polybushes for the rear axle after buying them 2yr ago off kev G. This morning I've made a start taking the dashboard out so I can sort out the wiring looms. :)

Attachments

Gareth

Club Member
Reaction score
Hope you're not blasting on the drive, that **** makes a mega mess :lol:
Of course I am lol I'm gonna bag the lower half of the car off around the edges so it funnels back into the tub I use :) try not to make much mess

Gareth

Club Member
Reaction score
Last night i decided it was time to empty the boot as it was full of scrap from the nova so got myself a new council bin to store it all in. Now I have a empty boot. Forgot it had a near mint sport steel wheel as a spare, and still has the first aid kit in the boot :) This morning before I went to work I decided to pull the dashboard out I only want the loom off it so I can lay out what's needed and what's not I hate ph2 looms they have many extra wires. But I'm sure il sort it out. It currently sits in my living room lol20190218_183125.jpg20190218_184243.jpg20190219_073116.jpg20190219_075020.jpg

Mr.Negative

Club Member
Reaction score
Of course I am lol I'm gonna bag the lower half of the car off around the edges so it funnels back into the tub I use :) try not to make much mess
look forward to seeing the carnage! :) I've got a shot blaster myself but never even used it!

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to do a dash change?

DavebGsi

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
pretty long winded, but with a haynes manual pretty easy imo. Without a manual you'll miss bolts, haynes is brillant for that

Todd100

Club Member
Reaction score
Not hard as Dave says but time consuming and fiddly finding all of the bolts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)