Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Saloon Roof lining

Best answers
Reaction score
How difficult is it to get the roof lining out of MK3 saloon? My ts roof lining is showing some sagging signs (a small little bubble appeared at the back of the roof lining).

A while ago I had my 5 door (Kadett) roof lining redone at a car upholster shop and I was very happy with the job they have done, but they have closed down since.

I booked my 5door in and 5 h later it was all done, so a gather they got the lining out through the back.

I’m not keen in leaving my ts at a upholster shop so I was thinking in removing the lining myself and then take it in for repairs. So my question is how to I remove the roof lining out of a saloon?

Thx Justin

Not a hard job at all. Took me 20 minutes to remove the roof lining. Just a matter of removing all side plastic sills that hold it in place. Just make sure you thoroughly remove the old adhesive with sand paper.

I also need to remove my roof lining on my astra casaro as the covering is hanging down. Never have done this before, how do i go about preparing it and what do i use to stick/ reattach it ?

Remove all plastic side panels holding the roof lining up (front, middle and rear plastic covers). Make sure that all roof lighting is disconnected. As soon as it falls down and is free it's just a matter of pulling it out through the rear bonnet. Then thoroughly remove all the old adhesive using a sand paper, until you are left with a good clear surface. Then use spray adhesive to glue the new upholstery. Since I am not in the UK I can't recommend a good spray adhesive, so better ask at the shop.

Tip: do not reuse the old upholstery!

I have got a bad lining dropping quite bad I have the new cloth but need to get the old one out but I have an estate, anyone know how hard to get it out have sun roof also
looks like lots of plastic to get out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back