Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Sammy_Lou's second astra - 2.5 V6

Best answers
Reaction score
Hi all

Impulse got the better of me and I've bought another astra - get it in a week or so, put the deposit down. Provided the head gasket isn't totally buggered when we go back to test it, it'll be mine, courtesy of my bloke selling his evo IV! Busy with uni at the mo so won't start working on it til after my exams, but here's a few pics of how it presently.
astra1.jpg

astrainterior2.jpg

astraseats.jpg

astrawing.jpg

It's got GSi bumpers with splitters front and rear - I want standard GSi bumpers. I want to get two red phase 1 wings as I don't like the vent on the drivers side! I might make this a bit of a sleeper for a bit and then break it, keeping the 2.5 V6 and all the running gear and the VXR leather interior. The shell is a 1.4 merit! Paint needs mopping, and I'll probably sell the 19" rims as they're too big. There's some big ass brakes on it too, so I'd need at least 17" alloys to fit over them. Haven't got loads of details about the car as I haven't picked it up yet, but will be looking to swap various bits of it to make it more standard.
It's from my local area so someone on here might of owned it or recognise it - any previous info on this car would be greatly appreciated! It's a K-reg.
Cheers :beer:

Oh - I might also need some proper doors as this has been delocked and smoothed. Don't want this car looking too nice as I don't want it nicked if I use it for commuting to Birmingham! Might put a proper standard interior in it.....and swap the brakes off my GSi....and put a normal heater switch surround in and get rid of the tv......so many things!

nice car well it used to be!

i like the dehandled doors and im thinking of putting them on mine to replace my ones

I'm sure it was a 3.0?

Bloke say's it's a 2.5..if it is a 3 litre I won't complain!
Phoned a couple of motor factors today, neither of which can get hold of new wings any more. Phoned Vauxhall as a laugh....£113 incl. VAT each! :laugh:
Might change the doors, really don't have any definite plans til I get it home and look over it properly. It will probably be broken for parts in the end anyway

i like the dehandled doors and im thinking of putting them on mine to replace my ones

The battery had been disconnected as it was standing, and due to there being a VXR interior there's no room to get over the rear seats from the boot. Took ages to try and open the inner door handle with a pole and hook, poor lad! Think if I starved myself I may eventually be skinny enough to squeeze through should the locking mechanism ever fail :rolleyes:

The battery had been disconnected as it was standing, and due to there being a VXR interior there's no room to get over the rear seats from the boot. Took ages to try and open the inner door handle with a pole and hook, poor lad! Think if I starved myself I may eventually be skinny enough to squeeze through should the locking mechanism ever fail :rolleyes:

its not hard if you feel the right place - i had to do it with mine, removed the plastic cover over the top no so better next time

well if you do decide to break it i might be intrested in a few bits but see if you can save it first rather than send it to an early death

well if you do decide to break it i might be intrested in a few bits but see if you can save it first rather than send it to an early death

I want the engine and running gear, interior, brakes, wheels, probably loads of other bits....so it'll basically be a shell once I've finished :sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back