Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Scam?!?!?

Best answers
Reaction score
Found a flat to rent on gumtree and sent an email to the person that advertised the flat and i received this reply hahahahah :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi
My name is Ramson Thomson the owner of 2 bedroom flat, I want you to know that it was due to my transfer that makes me, my Wife and Son to leave the house and also want to give it out for rent and looking for
a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at the time and the lucky Tenant that will rent it should take it as if it were its own.. So for now, We are here in West Africa (Nigeria) in our new house and we put all our worries off concerning the maintenance of the apartment, since We are not residing there for now.We left some Facilities and electronics which include the rent,and a DVD player,air conditioning, alarm system. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils,a refrigerator-freezer, four-hob and oven, microwave,dishwasher and washing machine, My Computer Connected with Internet Access Also the keys to the House are right here with us, and the lease document. Which we will send to you after all necessary
agreement has be accepted. Also We want you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue ,but your absolute maintenance of our apartment is most important thing, so you have to get back to us with the Application form below
FILL IN THE RENT APPLICATION FORM
1)Full Name
2)Full Address & Phone Number
3)How old are you?
4)Are you married?
5)How many people will be living in the house?
6)Do you have pet?
7)Do you have car?
8)Occupation?
9)When do you want to move in?
10How long do you want to stay in my apartment?

One Mr Grid called me about the apartment,I told him that I can't give him the apartment because he loves smoking,drinking and don't want him to get drunked and damaged my property one day. So If you are
still interested, Note that the rent is going to be £400 including utilities and No extra fees.
Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys of the house to you.
Thanks
Thomson

What do you guys think?!?!

sounds geniune
Mr ramson could of said he was in france and it be more belvieable then.
Scammers would never say they are from nigeria or somewhere like that because they no we are on to them.
So go for it tom im sure they dont want your details for a passport do they.
Also ask for a tenancy agreement to be faxed to you.

ive sent them an email asking them for the location of the property! no good if its miles out of town!

Mr Grid :lol:

gooooooooooooooooooood afternoon maddam.......... if i could just take your sort code and accoutn numba........ i will transfer the monies into your bunk

watch

gooooooooooooooooooood afternoon maddam.......... if i could just take your sort code and accoutn numba........ i will transfer the monies into your bunk

Fpmsl! Exactly what popped into my head!

hahha love it! its not the 1st time ive strung one of them along, think i went for a week before they finally gave up!

Hello Tom Bruce,

Thanks for getting back to me, Am very happy to hear back from you, The Rent is £400 Including Utilities, but i want you to know that all your info is okay by us,and you have qualified to be our new tenant definitely we must give you our house for rent.. More over we can see your willingness in this rent, We shall be giving you our property for rent,. Please again take very good care of our Property, I have read your mails and i see that you are a responsible person that i can trust with all my heart. Reading through your mails I discovered that you would be a trustworthy person. You are the type of tenant we have been looking for and I want you to sticks on your words as a good responsible and trustworthy person that I can trust with all my hearts. so i promise to give the my apartment to you because there is a lot of inquiry on the apartment and i know you will love the interior of the apartment when you move in. I want you to have it in mind that am sending the keys and the documents of the apartment to you via Dhl Next day Delivery before your move in date.

Here are the contents of the packages that will be delivered to you.
1) Entrance and the rooms Keys.
2)Permanent house form(Containing your reference details).
3)House Document.
4)Receipt for 1st Month Deposit.

I will take the key and document to Dhl courier service office as soon as you are ready with the deposit, i will book for delivery of the packages to you, so kindly re-confirm your delivery address carefully, because it is so important.

Please Cross Check Your Delivery Information Very Well!
Receiver's Name: Tom Bruce
Your Delivery Address: ..........................

We will have our property documents send to you based on trust and hope you will not disappoint us on this?, Please always make our property neat and tidy, because I worked very hard to get this property that am giving you for rent, and also I don't want my property to be use anyhow in presence of my life..... hope you will help me treat my property like your own?. Make a promise to me. May I ask you, Are you ready for deposit now? because i see from your application filled that you want to move in as soon as possible, Let me know in your next email, so i can have the keys and document package for shipment to your delivery address, Get back to me so i can forward you my information on you will be making the payment, Hope to read back from you soon if possible today.

My Regards,

Thomson

:lol::lol::lol: Lmao defo sounds like hes trying to have your pants down.. :spanking:

:rofl:

lmao. gooood afternooon maddam. I wouldnt even entertain that Tom. its almost as dodgy as a western union bank transfer.

Was looking to get a dog a few months ago and saw one that said it was quite local so sent him an email and he sent me one back saying the dog is free but was in scotland and he was taking it to a courier to send to me but needed the delivery fee sending to the "western union in nigeria" with in the hour, he even added the words "rush to the bank now" straight away i knew he was trying to have my pants down so i sent him another email with just two words in, the first started with "F" the other was "OFF" i never heard from him again for some reason.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Yes a mate of mine want a dog and there was one going but it was in canada.
They said the dog will be in uk in next 24hrs and will arrive to you buy courier.
He went along with it until i pointed out a dog needs to be in quarateen when they land in the uk.
The scammer asked for courier charge to be forwarded to him and then the dog would be delivered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back