Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Slow wipers / earth problem ?

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 1994 Astra 1.4 which has been great, but recently I had it die on me a couple of times (no power at all), so I've changed the battery and the alternator and also renewed a couple of earth leads (the one from the battery to the chassis and the one from the alternator slide to the engine block) and it's been better BUT there is still some sort of electrical problem because the wipers (front and back) move noticeably slower than they should and also the interior light is definitely dimmer than it used to be.
The battery is fully charged, the car starts fine, the wiper linkages are greased, the alternator is charging at about 12.5V on idle and about 13.7V over 1500 RPM.
Also - the vent fan on full blast isn't as 'mega' as it used to be.
I suspect some sort of earth / connection problem but can anyone give me any clues where to look ?
Thanks a lot, Danny

Reaction score
Don't just go replacing bits, clean up any earths that you can find, as these are the most likely source of your troubles, the earths that I mean are the battery to chassis/engine earths, look at also any major connection point between battery and ignition switch.
tabetha

Users who are viewing this thread