Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

some how managed to swap my R reg sport for a mk3 golf gti :)

Best answers
Reaction score
now have a tidy p reg 5 door mk3 golf gti..only a 8v but im well happy with it...the other party drove from newcastle to ashford kent to pick the astra up and drive that back lol....

always had a soft spot for golfs :cool:

shoulda got a mk2... lol nice find mate pics??

a mate of mines jus let a mk3 2.0 GTI go for scrap money... no one wanted it... mk2 golf GTI's are about the best one they made IMO.

ye lol mines a gti, or it will be once the new 1.6 8v's in it.....

i like the mk3 gti's good swap imo the engines are normally bullet proof and they run for ever

Just because it has a GTi engine in it, doesn't make it a GTi.... :doh::tape::laugh:

Have to agree though, I would have kept the Astra :sad:

It is full GTi spec, with the engine on the floor ready to go in. So yes it is, just doesnt say it on the logbook yet. But it will engine wise anyway. Love the mk3 golfs, 1.9 TDi ftw!

Last edited:
Just because it has a GTi engine in it, doesn't make it a GTi.... :doh::tape::laugh:

Have to agree though, I would have kept the Astra :sad:

so 1.6 8v gti engine, full gti interior, full gti kit an registered on the log book dosnt make it a gti?

LOL

What so people who buy mr2s and put Ferrari body kits on are actually driving Ferrari's? Not really.

Same applies to people on here who make GSi reps, still a merit/ls or whatever underneath.

ye they dont have the engine, i do :laugh:

If its upgraded that much to the point its a much higher spec, The only thing saying any different is the logbook, much the same story with Sierra Cosworth owners, Merc 190 owners, Peugeot 205 etc. Most of the base cars now have the running gear and trim, Its exactly the same bar the logbook. And i think this thread has gone a bit off topic lol.

Last edited:
not to **** on your bonfire but ll the websites i found Rusty is right lol, who told you they had 1.6's? Even on their owners club it says 1.8 - 2.0. 1.6's were Drivers from what i found.

not to **** on your bonfire but ll the websites i found Rusty is right lol, who told you they had 1.6's? Even on their owners club it says 1.8 - 2.0. 1.6's were Drivers from what i found.

I've also found the same, even ebay doesn't have any 1.6 Gti golfs, loads of 1.8 and 2.0 ones though :nod:

nope, tbh couldnt care less wat anyone thinks of my car, i prefer a golf to a astra anyday, nice find an well done mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back