Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Standard Backbox Removal

AL

Best answers
Reaction score
Right, my new Sportex backbox finally arrived today - so started to fit it at like 8pm tonight (d'oh).

Got U-Clamp un-done fine, and standard hanger clamp came off no problem - but it's stuck to the freaking cat-back pipe!

Have tried penetrating fluid, smacking it with a hammer, pulling at it with all i can (and that's a fair bit, look at me! lol) - have even heated the ****ing thing before smacking it!

20mins of driving around including maximum attack over some speed bumps don't even seem to have loosened it!

Without the hassle of cutting it off, what can I do?

Hacksaw it, man!

With my sportex, I had to do the same. Was good actually, as otherwise it would've stuck out from the rear bumper and looked gay - it now sits flush, only lost less than an inch.

My car sounded godly when the backbox fell off, then I got a new one on and it's back to being poo again. :sad:

i took ma exhaust off at the cat one day as it was blowin an had to drive 20 mins to the vaux garage for a new gasket with no exhaust from the bottom of the downpipe...was loud as feck but sounded pretty mint when tickin over lol

had to get the hacksaw on mine, the centre pipe and backbox had rusted together

Users who are viewing this thread

Back