Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

The army

Best answers
Reaction score
ive sent away my application today for the army to join as infantry and was wondering will they have somewhere for me to keep the astra and i can i do my driving test while in the army. Also is there anybody on here in the forces

I have a couple of mates in the forces and they keep their cars at base in the base car park

Good on you mate, takes balls to sign up, especially the way Brown is treating our boys over there. I thought they would teach you in a Landrover lol.

How you driving your car with out a license? naughty boi

Joker

I would have thought he had a provisional and someone with him....

yep provisional and some body sitting next to me not that naughty lol im going to try to pass my test before i leave for army but if i dont then hopefully i can learn there.

also does any one know how they are paid monthly weekly or yearly

I think they will put you through it if you show an interest. What part you going in? i wanted to join the Royal Engineers but ended up doing somethin else.

ive applied to becomeinfanrty and thats it i have no preference of brigades

hello mate, good on you :thumb: as dan said im in at the moment as an aircraft technition so if you have any questions give me a PM :nod:

you will get your licences through the army and may be able to get your HGV licence too depending what vehicles you are required to drive in your unit. and its not in landrovers astranut ;), the army has a contract with BSM to teach all the guys :nod:

you'll be able to keep your car on camp but only in a carpark, no garages unfortunatly. if you make friends with the VM's (vehicle mechanics) they are normaly quite good and let you use their ramps :D

and on your last question, the army gets payed monthly and everything like bills and accomodation etc... comes out before you get it so the money you get is yours to spend on whatever (normaly booze ;))

good luck mate and let us know how you get on :beer:

im an Ex Airtech (like Jordan ,, except hes not Ex, )--- did my 12 years and settled down in Germany :)

lol yes ,,, its all beer money at the end of the day :) and no ,, your not paid YEARLY LOOL ....Monthly dibs mate ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back