Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

The disASTRA project

Best answers
Reaction score
Right been on here a few months now and kept meaning to do a diary!!
recent pics:
PICT0013.jpg
PICT0014.jpg
PICT0015.jpg
PICT0016.jpg

Close up of one of the tail pipes whilst changing standard bumper for GSi
pipe.jpg

both pipes
pipes-1.jpg

engine bay as is now
engine.jpg

engine bay when i bought it
IMG_0319.jpg

I have:

a 1998 R Plate Vx Astra Sport, 2Litre Ecowreck:rolleyes:
It has
been lowered.... i dont know how much by! but its quite low!
standard sport alloys
Twin Exit Exhaust, sorry dont know the make, was on car already!
Calibra Leather Interior
ICE Install (only Partially done)
JR Cone Air Filter (sounds lush)
GSi Rear Bumper
Ally Strut Brace
Beema E36 Style side repeaters

Mods to come
GSi Front Bumper
Seat Leon Cupra R Front Splitter
GSi Side Skirts
Ph2 Elec Mirrors
Moulded boot install
17inch Alloys (MGZS straights?)
replacement manifold?
replacement straight through mid section, and tail pipe possibly

so what do you guys think? its done 132k, ive put on 1500k of that, and has MOT until May 12th, all for under £600 (and they left me 3 months tax)
I also had a head unit, Sub & Amp that came with the car, uprated front components, rear 6x9's and rear components in the rear seat panels

looks alrite except the bonnet your side vents are the wrong way and them middle ones just look out of place but apart from that its sound

Sounds, errrmmm... sound :)
Ecotecs arent as bead as they make out when you get past all the silly little faults.

nice apart from the bonnet nice work tho :)

I didnt notice the vents being the wrong way round but your right, doesnt quite look right.... What about this--->

rear GSI phase 1 spoiler on the boot, Front GSI bumper, new bonnet with Phase 1 vents in the correct position.

Love the exhaust btw

as above, looks like a good base, ditch that bonnet though, or try removing the vents, and that sticker in the bay needs to go to.

like the exhaust, i used to have a powerflow system the same with 4in slash cut boxs, but no one liked it lol

I didnt notice the vents being the wrong way round but your right, doesnt quite look right.... What about this--->

rear GSI phase 1 spoiler on the boot, Front GSI bumper, new bonnet with Phase 1 vents in the correct position.

Love the exhaust btw

thats the plan hopefully!!

yeah i love that exhaust too! its loud as fook, and it makes the rally style popping noise which i just love :nod:

well havent updated this for ages!

havent done a great deal, as I was planning on selling it to fund a type R Accord!, but ive had a change of heart! so started work on it again as of this week!

well now ive finally fitted the GSi 16v Sill Plates i bought off here :D, have ordered a GSi Boot Panel, got a puncture in my front tyre :( and worked abit on my install.

and im going to start researching a 3.0V6 engine, and what it will do to my insurance! am also looking for some new rims... i want 16's or 17's

also going to sort out a new GSi bonnet, and front bumper, side skirts etc, and maybe selling my Calibra Leather Interior, as i want vectra GSi :D or mk4 GSi

I remember seeing this for sale on ebay, hit an island and had impacted the rear (passenger?) side wheel heavily was up fairly cheap, i'll see if i can find a link, might have expired by now though, but i'm sure it was posted up in the bad taste link just because of the bonnet. I really like this, i just think the bonnet would take a lot of getting used too. Anyway you say it's at the crash repair place, what's happened?

I don't think it was in an accident previously mate? I've had a knock in it where I lost it into a bank on black ice but got away with it after investigation, that was just after Xmas. I saw it on eBay last september, that's when I bought it... 595 Inc 3 months tax and the sub n amp

Um yeah crash repair centre, well some dosy woman decided to turn right into a side turning as I was coming past that junction... She had sunglasses on and didn't check the direction I was travelling from on the basis 'don't normally see cars coming up that road!'
there's a thread with pics in Car Chat mate

right, cars coming home next week, now ive got some decisions to make.

Im going to break it, but then ive a decision to make. if the shell is in good nick, do i think about keeping it, and eventually, next year maybe, rebuilding it, (almost a ronnie type restoration)

or just scrap the shell? how much is it worth weighed in lol

depends mate, up here if you get the car down the scrappy its 100 sheets tops. Ideally you need to have the shell measured to make sure its not bent/twisted the chassis, but 3 dr shells arent too hard to come by, Just get a clean Merit and swap all your stuff over!

well ill get it stripped down, need to raise the money, my shell is a 98plate, unless some numbers got swapped over lol ;) and its relatively clean.

need to see what damage the impact has actually had, so will keep posted.

Right update time :nod:

Cars back at home, repair centre have replaced the nicked car battery, and it's looking sorry for itself in my garage!

Gonna start stripping it down soon want to see what condition the shell is in? And sell the parts I don't need anymore.

Just outta curiosity I phoned LMF for a wing, and got told genuine was £85, non gen was 35ish,

Then phoned vaux dealer for some prices:

Wing £96
GSi Bonnet £373
GSi Bumper £277

Um I'll pass I think :lol:

It needs a new bumper, bonnet, wing headlights, drivers fog, indicators and repeaters.

The previous headlights had eyebrows and I can't get them off passenger side.

But I'm selling the leather, exhaust system, etc basically everything I don't want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back