Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

types of dash

Best answers
Reaction score
right ive been on here nearly a year and i havent seen the type of dash that i had in my gsi so how many diffrent types of dash are there (and i dont mean colour )as the one that was in my gsi was like the mk3 but it had the extra pocket above the glove box like in the calibra so im confused was it a case of someone modding it or did thy do a differant type of dash :doh::doh:

They did one with a airbag in the place your describeing?

Mate are you sure? lol

Hmmm maybe it was a custom dash then?

never fought of the gte dash but im sure it was the astra dash im goin to see if i can find some old pics of it

nope it was defo above the glove box mate i remember the car well as it was my first car and some c**t burnt it out on the driveway out side my house after thy nicked the stereo and box out of it

Never seen a mk3 have the extra pocket above the glove box..

+1

there are 2 styles, 1 with a passenger airbag and 1 without, never a pocket

Hmmmm this is weird lol

Cav/Cally or MK2 dash, all it could have been.

+1

The only other thing I can think of is the bottom shelf and the glove box above it. I'm sure lower spec models had a glove box without a lid.

Otherwise it'd be an early Calibra or Mk3 Low Spec Dash.

Mk3 Astras definately have never sported a pocket such as the Mk2 Astra.

Never seen an astra without a glove box, even the merit's had them

Had a hire car in Tenerife which was an opel which didn't have the door for the glove box, yet had air con. Remember it distinctly, was Rio Verde with a 1.6 Autobox. But then, if it was Euro spec, no chance of it working here anyway cos' it'd be on the wrong side!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back