Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

underbonnet soundproofing

Reaction score
has anyone removed the underbonnet sound deadening from there astra ?

is it worthwhile ?

i have a gsi bonnet but the sound proofing covers the vents so cant see much point in it

should i junk it ?

Paul

B&
Reaction score
I only removed mine for one reason. Heat.

Removing it would help letting out some induction noise and lower some temps, but tbh inless you really need to then i wouldnt remove it.

I think i'll be putting mine back on soon, as ive pulled my outside air temp sensor into my bonnet so i can keep an eye on it on really warm days, seeing as weather is cooling down a bit now i think ill be putting mine back on :)

Paul

Reaction score
If you want more cold air in/heat out you can take the plastic black panel of the back of the vents.

I removed both one my old Gsi my new one doesnt have vents yet but the sound proofing has been removed. Saves a bit of weight as well.

Craig

Reaction score
Are you not able to just cut the proofing a bit on each side to allow the GSI vents to work??

Reaction score
hmmmm interesting neva given it much thought before,
im gonna need to remove it when i take me washer jets out to smooth me bonnet..... so think i might just keave it off, my first astra never had any... :wacko: lmao

Reaction score
sound proofing on mine is long gone. never had it on any of my astra's, seen it catch fire soo many times i prefer to rip it out !!

Reaction score
genuine gsi sounds pads go around the vent like mine and sim2cool's, but im doing away with mine if any wonts it for the purists out there i also have taken out the air-deflectors out of my gsi vents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)