Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

unemployment sucks a$$

Reaction score
been unemployed for a few weeks now and no amount of looking in the local j/c would find me a job, couple of days ago my mechanic m8 mark rang me up and told me of a job as a tire fitter came up at the garage he works at, just off woodbridge rd, ipswich, so i applied for it today, ive got everythin crossed hoping i get this job and when the cash roles in, bring on the moddin lol

Reaction score
i agree on that one fella its so hard when ur not working and the cash int comeing in because every thing you want to mod on ur mk3 etc etc comes to an hold and it int good really foooking credit crunch

Reaction score
Yes i agree with above comments but you have to stay positive. Sometimes its a good kick up the bum and makes you explore other avenues like self employment,colleges and running your own business. Dont treat it as a negative and thank god we live in a country were benifts and NHS are about!!

Andy_Mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Club Member
Reaction score
Good luck mate, you'll find something eventually. At least you're out there trying to get something.

My uncle has been looking for a job for months now, had a lot of bad luck and people letting him down.

Reaction score
i have thought of becoming self employed before but valeting, window cleaning or other things are so hard to compete with and tbh wouldnt be worth it unles i had something to offer that noone else did, so would probbly not make any money out of it, but thats just me lol, i can do computers and its not bad cash but 95% of people would rather a pro to sort their pc's/laptops than someone without qualifications

Reaction score
i have thought of becoming self employed before but valeting, window cleaning or other things are so hard to compete with and tbh wouldnt be worth it unles i had something to offer that noone else did, so would probbly not make any money out of it, but thats just me lol, i can do computers and its not bad cash but 95% of people would rather a pro to sort their pc's/laptops than someone without qualifications

Not necessarily as my mate doesnt work and i always go to him to fix my computers. Its a good gift if you know the insides of pcs

Reaction score
yeh i can build custom pcs with my eyes closed, the last pc i made would have cost around £4k from somewhere online, full top of the range quad core gaming pc, 4tb harddrive 8gb ram watercooled and overclocked to 4.2Ghz and would play any game you could find at full speed, shame i sold it lol

Reaction score
erm you lost me when you went into pc jargon lol. Easy money though. no premises needed! You should consider a mobile doctor pc as a avenue for you to explore.

Reaction score
i got made unemployed last year, id been sat there the week before moaning about hating my job and how i wanted to be a mechanic, so i went back to college, now im 2 months of being qualified and holding down three jobs aswell as college full time. all ive done as put the word out to everyone i know, told them ill do anything, fix anything, move anything. send the positive vibes out there and something will click into place.

Ian

Reaction score
It does suck, Ive been on part time hours for months now but finally got a full time contract again.

Reaction score
I'd hate to be without a job! I feel sorry for all those people that want to work but can't because of the lack of jobs out there!

Fingers crossed for you :beer:

astranaut

North West & North Wales Regional Co-ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
i've been unemployed 12 months now, there is literally nothing an i'm at the JobCentre every other day. All thats on the system is door-2-door sales and Carers working towards NVQ level. When a job does come up there are so many people after it its stupid. What i hate is being labelled a sponger, when i'm out evryday looking for work in some way or another. I tried to go self employed as a mobile car valeter, but its such easy money the competition is too fierce. Good luck with the job mate - i applied to be a driver on Friday so fingers crossed on that!

Reaction score
i've been unemployed 12 months now, there is literally nothing an i'm at the JobCentre every other day. All thats on the system is door-2-door sales and Carers working towards NVQ level. When a job does come up there are so many people after it its stupid. What i hate is being labelled a sponger, when i'm out evryday looking for work in some way or another. I tried to go self employed as a mobile car valeter, but its such easy money the competition is too fierce. Good luck with the job mate - i applied to be a driver on Friday so fingers crossed on that!

door to door canvassing aint as bad as you think, i did it for a few years and made some pretty good money. just sucks in winter lol. all depends what youve got to sell or book appointments for.

Reaction score
Door to door selling bugs me right up.

Either charity, surveys, betterware, aghhhhhhhhhhhh

Found the answer to cold callers.

Knock knock on your door at 6.30pm

Seller, Good evening sir its a lovely evening isn't it!
Micky NO its not because your here,
Micky what are you wanting Money!!!!!!!
Seller, errr well sir i am here! I interupt!!!!!!
Micky, Join the que then mate now peave off or i will unleash the hounds!!!
Slams door!!!!!

Reaction score
Door to door selling bugs me right up.

Either charity, surveys, betterware, aghhhhhhhhhhhh

Found the answer to cold callers.

Knock knock on your door at 6.30pm

Seller, Good evening sir its a lovely evening isn't it!
Micky NO its not because your here,
Micky what are you wanting Money!!!!!!!
Seller, errr well sir i am here! I interupt!!!!!!
Micky, Join the que then mate now peave off or i will unleash the hounds!!!
Slams door!!!!!

hahaha, but for every person like yourself the next one wants what your pitching them for. i used to do the pvc windows, on the big money estates where they all want keep up with the joneses (shallow ppl) easy book appointments. however theyve all got em now. was a mint job at the time, easy money, free friday night out paid for by the management, 12 oclock starts...... them were the days!

Users who are viewing this thread