Urgent help needed..

Varnis9

Club Member
Reaction score
Hello

I have taken out my seats, carpets etc since I have had oil leakage (from the power steering possibly) and I have noticed that the floor insulation(?) has been soaked in oil. I have removed most of it but I am not sure if this is replaceable or not.

Car is 5-door MK3 1997 with C20XE conversion.

Cheers
Varnis

Last edited:

astranaut

North West & North Wales Regional Co-ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
The foam is replacable, I did mine. To do it full is a dash out job, I cheated and cut as far up as I could then raped the join

Varnis9

Club Member
Reaction score
The foam is replacable, I did mine. To do it full is a dash out job, I cheated and cut as far up as I could then raped the join

Thanks for the reply. I am not talking about the foam it's about the floor insulation its like a paste thingy not sure what it actually is... Have a look on the photo.

Cheers

Varnis9

Club Member
Reaction score
I have sorted out the issue, replaced it with Dynamat. Thanks for the input guys here are some photos! Took me 3 days since I wanted to do it properly. I have also replaced the floor plugs. Before the first primer, I sanded down all remaining bits from the old insulation, sadly I took no pictures since that part was a bit frustrating :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)