Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

V6 boys (and Claire..) - suspension question?

Best answers
Reaction score
As you may or may not know, I'm planning a V6 conversion for the end of next month, and I wanted to know what front suspension setup you use? I currently have Gmax -40mm all round, but I also have PI -60mm ones because I wanted to go lower. Obviously with the extra weight the -60m astra springs might be just too low and it'll just bottom out..

So maybe keep the -40's on the front and run the -60's on the back? Your thoughts please folks :)

Well claire's are supposedly -40mm Eibachs and it more or less sits on the bump stops, we've got some MK4 GSi lowering springs to go on the front to raise it a bit as it's too low at the moment

Matt, im using mk4 astra gsi front eibachs and they are fantastic. Like Alex said the springs i have before were on the bump stops and hated driving the car anyway but now its alot better and have more give in the suspension. Im using Koni adj insets alongside them with koni 16v rear springs

My front arches sit about 20-25 off the top of my wheels (205/40/17).

For the money and qulaity you get mate then eichback is the way forward

Well claire's are supposedly -40mm Eibachs and it more or less sits on the bump stops, we've got some MK4 GSi lowering springs to go on the front to raise it a bit as it's too low at the moment

Cool I'll look out for when you get them done. What measurement are the mk4 springs?

I can't remember off the top of my head :lol:

*cough* and girl(s?) *cough* :rolleyes: :lol:

I think they're -35mm and aren't they Coupe ones? Or are they the same? :noidea:

2.0 Sri Ecotec or the 2.0 Diesel ones would do too.

Obviouly the SRI/GSI ones are 15-20mm lower than standard Diesel ones.

im running koni -35mm all round with 18inch wheels its a nice ride tbh iv had no problems with them at all

I'm running spax -35mm all the way round and they seem bang on, just need smaller tyres on mine as i have 195/65r15's at moment and scrubs arches, only on full lock though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back