Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

VBOA 2019 Feedback Thread

Andy_Mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Club Member
Reaction score
To those that joined us for VBOA 2019, we'd like your feedback on the show, mainly for the organisers of the show but we're also welcome to feedback as a club too. Also perhaps there was a reason you were put off to not go to VBOA for a particular reason?

I think one of by biggest yet minor complaints was a lack of signage on the entrances made it difficult to find the entrance, as there are many entrances to Sywell! On a similar note, it wasn't obvious as to which way to exit the site either. So hopefully something like that could be improved easily with a few signs.

Overall I think the show was a success. The trade stands were lacking a little, but they may well build up again over time when there's some confidence in the venue. But generally I think the venue was brilliant, everything was there you could really need, track action was good too.

Any other thoughts would be great to hear though. Any feedback for VBOA we will put it all together in an email to them from the club as a whole.

Reaction score
I only attended the Sunday as you know so can't comment on the nightlife but here's my feedback-

I 2nd the signage, I pulled into a random carpark and also into some closed gates with no idea where the actual entrance was, two corsa GSIs followed me into the carpark and we were all confused lol. I also agree with the trade stands..... I just wish there were more really.

Also, I like the idea of the course that was there to run your cars..... I'd have ran down too but found it a little pointless if I'm honest and imo needs more attention, it could be something great though- maybe more focused, times and leader boards with perhaps adding some professional photography that could be purchased (I'd have gone down myself just to have a pic of my car in motion)?

djwilde69

North East Co-Ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
1, The signs were poor as on Friday I drive strait past then had to turn back,
2, Friday and Saturday night the gates were locked an took about 20 minutes to find a security guard to open it when the paper work said 11:30pm,
3, really needs a one way system for entrance and exit,
4, the auto jumble wasnt as big as the previous years

I did throughly enjoy the weekend an can't wait to go again just need the dates an venue now

Todd100

Club Member
Reaction score
Was a great weekend, couple of points id add / agree with:

1. Signage on the way in / out could have been better
2. If it grows in size next year there needs to be more toilets & showers as was a bit stretched at times running out of loo roll / paper towels etc
3. Bins seemed to be lacking for general waste, a few big bins wouldn't go a miss
4. A better variety of food stalls would be nice, we ended up in the pilots mess both days for lunch
5. Where were Autovaux on Sunday?

reno

West Mids Regional Co-Ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
Loved the show and the new venue. I'd love it to stay at sywell now.

As above signage into the show, I too went into the industrial part, then the hotel carpark before finally finding the entrance.

In and out was a little tight at times, could of done with a wider roadway around the site.

More trade stands, hopefully enticing the likes of autobrite direct back and other detailing stores.

Luke01

Club Member
Reaction score
Only there on the sunday but same as the rest in finding the entrance .

Had no idea were to park on the stand so just sorta guessed

More trade stands.

1st time actually showing with you guys but been doing the vboa for the last 10 + years.
Had no idea who any of you was apart from the other two white gsi’s who i got talking to and gareth who i had the wheels off

Was a good day though

djwilde69

North East Co-Ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
Next year come on Friday an stay the full weekend its brilliant

Luke01

Club Member
Reaction score
I do plan on doing the weekend next year. Im gonna try the weekend at vauxfest aswell in august

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)