Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Club Announcement VBOA Meeting And Show Update

DavebGsi

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Best answers
Reaction score
Hi everybody! This is a bit long, but bare with it please!

MK3OC would like to bring you info on the members show, VBOA 2018 set to take place next year at Market Harborough, 14th and 15th of July, 2018. (more info on becoming a member to come to the show http://www.mk3oc.com/forum/account/upgrades)

I Thought i would set a thread up for next years show, as everyone who came along will know, the new VBOA rally at Market Harborough was a great success, with some small room for improvement. Steve at LMF and everyone at the vboa has been working hard with people feed back to make an even bigger, better and more organised and successful show for next year.

So lets get going with the new info!

So to start with, there has been a price increase, i always believe in starting with a the bad points but lets admit it, there hasn't been a price increase in YEARS! Everything always goes up so it was always going to happen, but as you will see after this, it is going to be well worth it for the extra goodies!

The Price increase takes it from £17 per 4 person car per night, to £21 per 5 person car per night. So a small increase of £4 per night which is a drop in the ocean compared to how much we all spend on booze :lol:. SO for the majority of us that will see a 2 night stay (Friday and Saturday night) increase 8 pounds which i think isn't bad at all! There is no charge for turning up on the Thursday if you keen!

Now, onto the good stuff and the rest of the info!

• There will now be an on site grocery store for buying such things as buns, bacon, sausages, toilet roll if your prefer a softer touch and generally others bits a pieces which saves a drive into town if you just need the odd thing!
  • Saturday there will be a show and shine area as there are at most shows. More info on this will be available as and when but it is suspected to be starting saturday morning, park your car up and leave it there for most of the day, they can viewed all day then a voting will also be carried out all day and the winner announced either saturday evening or sunday. A great add on i feel to bring the show forward into the modern days as such!
  • There will now be a mini bus running through out the day to and from town! Information on this is short at the mo but most likely to be looking at once an hour. There is no charge, although LMF would like a 'charitable donation of something like £1 each way'.... i can live with that! That will allow us to make our way into town in the morning, grab more supplies, and pop back for the show without having to move our cars etc.
  • Friday night will have entertainment aswell as the saturday night. Friday night will see a DJ set of some description. I'm assuming it won't be drum and bass which will be a shame, but more likely some classics like 'living on a pray' and 'mr brightside' which to could be a good laugh. This will be early ish evening like last year and end probably about 9ish.
  • The entire show is still being designed at the moment and as soon as more detail is released i can show all the members, but basically they are bring the arena central and then surround it with all the traders, followed by all the clubs. This will stop the 4mile trek to migweb etc and the other clubs down the bottom and should make for a much better, more family feel to the show bringing all the clubs closer.
  • There will be lights in the loo's! hazarre! As well as more loo's, more showers and more food stalls. Smashing!
  • They are going to be much hotter and more controlled on road layouts. Apparently it was a massive issue last year for clubs having random's driving through their stands etc. I know we had our own issues even when we tried to blockaid our stand in, we still had cars going though the stand at all hours just 'because it was easier'. Even i will admit this is dangerous, especially with children wondering around and more so than that, drunk mk3'ers wondering around. Not pointing any fingers at Mattydmk3 :lol:
  • Further to that last point, the VBOA are going to look into the cost of more bunting for us to allow tighter control of our stand which i like.
  • Their going to cut the grass!
  • 2018 will see a slight size increase in the 'area per car and tent'. The measurements he said meant nothing, but basically it means a slightly bigger plot for mk3oc which is great cause i felt the last show was fine! But obviously 2018 should see ALOT more mk3's!
  • One person asked if 'smoking the wackey backey' could be band...... John Ankerman was one of the first people to mention that would be basically impossible to police. Which i also agree with, so not much change there really apart from possible walk arounds from security late and night. But this will also be to keep the cars secure and i don't think anyone truely minds seeing security. Market Harborough is a one way in, one way out show so everything is very secure anyway!
  • There will skips instead of bins to make sure there is enough room for everyones rubbish.
  • There be a licenced bar on site :bounce:

Just a quick note on ticket sales. Everything will be purely online for 2018, Buy your tickets through the LMF website and you will be emailed a receipt. That will act as your ticket in so just need to print out ur ticket for VBOA2018 and display on your dash, much like all modern shows. Your will not be posted anything.

So i think that is about it show wise, as you can see there is alot of time and effort been put in by Steve and everyone at LMF and the vboa to bring the show into modern times! It has to be said i was seriously impressed and sitting there listening, i could feel myself getting excited for VBOA Rally 2018. So much so i wanted to go home and start working on my car straight away!
I can 100% tell you i will be there in 2018 in the GSi and i hope it gives everyone else the drive needed to come to show next year in their mk3's. I have a bit more free time than i used to have thanks to a new job i am now settled in, as well as various home jobs i am getting on top of. As a result there will be more of a push from me show wise and club wise, to drum up as much support as we can for the rally. Getting alot of mk3's there is the main objective and having a show stand organised before the day etc will make the show even better than previous years. Which of course is a tall order because every years is brilliant!

One thing i have been thinking about is trying to keep people at the show a bit longer on the sunday... I know people come from far and wide which is fair enough and nobody wants to get home really late. But i was wondering what peoples opinions are of staying a bit later on the sunday untill mayb 3.30pm/ 4pm ish to try and keep the stand as a whole. Sunday is going to see a big push from LMF for day ticket sales and it would be nice to have well laid out and presented stand for the most of the day rather than people disappearing off at midday.
So further to this i am thinking of organising a casual time table for the weekend. You know me, it will be very relaxed, but would be nice for the club to meet up like last year for the communal BBQ on the saturday evening. Aswell as possible on the Sunday lunchtime possible 1pm ish.

So the best way i felt of trying to achieve this was to get it into people minds now. Make a slightly longer day of it on the Sunday, but it will be worth it in the long run for a well presented stand. It will make some great photos and i'm sure our in-house photographers can make good use of that!

Sorry it was a bit long, but i am very excited for VBOA 2018, as hopefully you are too!

For anyone who is super keen like me, booking is now open!.... Pre Book Camping pitch for VBOA National Day 14th & 15th July 2018

Dave
MK3OC Admin

Last edited:
Fantastic news and thanks Dave for the write up.

Last year was a new beginning for the club at the show and I have to say it was the best year yet for me. Lets hope 2018 is better and without you guys we are nothing we do appreciate your comments and support.

Thank you all.

They are going to be much hotter and more controlled on road layouts. Apparently it was a massive issue last year for clubs having random's driving through their stands etc. I know we had our own issues even when we tried to blockaid our stand in, we still had cars going though the stand at all hours just 'because it was easier'. Even i will admit this is dangerous, especially with children wondering around and more so than that, drunk mk3'ers wondering around. Not pointing any fingers at TubaMagna8 :lol:

I wasn't that bad.... Think your mistaking me for Mattydmk3 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can't wait for 2018... I think my Graduation is the week after lol But i'll still be there.... I'll bring my Proper camera as well :biggrin:

I'm going to ask, even though I need a chainsaw to get it out, but what's the deal with caravans? They alright at the back of the individual stands, or cast into a corner this time?

I'm happy to stay later on the Sun.

This time I'm coming armed with shed loads of Pro Plus, and might try afternoon naps so I can actually stay awake past midnight...

Hey, Oi! I wasn't that drunk! :lol::lol::lol:And I'm proud to say that I have never been that drunk since :thumb: Next year sounds great! Some improvements made to my car which will be good. Happy to pay a bit more. Especially for a bit more. Let's hope the weather is as good as it was last time And will be great to see you all again. Oh, and can you guys remind me to bring the inside part of my tent this time as well please:doh: Useless ain't I. (there's one in every group) On a serious note, Sounds great and can't wait! Now... I've forgotten to pay my annual fee :doh::aaargh::tape:

Now... I've forgotten to pay my annual fee :doh::aaargh::tape:

U better get paid up or u won't be coming mate ;)
Jokes
How u been anyway mate? Done much to the astra? I'll be there in mine next year definitely

:biggrin: I've just tried to pay up, but the page isn't working for me :noidea: just sent a email asking for :help: lols. I'm good pal thanks. Hope you are as well? Usual palaver, work, domestic plop etc etc :rolleyes: Few engine sort outs, nothing major. Working on trying to make her a bit prettier now. Rocker cover is in powder coat as we speak, I've sanded down plug cover ready for my skills in spray painting :aaargh:(kawasaki green) along with hoses and eventually calipers in same colour. Headlining is sagging quite a bit around sun roof so that will need addressing, I'm not going to risk it myself, will end up gluing my head to it or something :lol: apart from that, just some general tlc and all is good ;) How's you and your motor getting on?

:biggrin: I've just tried to pay up, but the page isn't working for me :noidea: just sent a email asking for :help: lols. I'm good pal thanks. Hope you are as well? Usual palaver, work, domestic plop etc etc :rolleyes: Few engine sort outs, nothing major. Working on trying to make her a bit prettier now. Rocker cover is in powder coat as we speak, I've sanded down plug cover ready for my skills in spray painting :aaargh:(kawasaki green) along with hoses and eventually calipers in same colour. Headlining is sagging quite a bit around sun roof so that will need addressing, I'm not going to risk it myself, will end up gluing my head to it or something :lol: apart from that, just some general tlc and all is good ;) How's you and your motor getting on?

worth speaking to Andy_Mk3 about the headling, he did his himself and i'm going to mine soon, same as you, it is sagging badly and needs doing.

yea not going to bad mate, getting there slowly. trying to balance doing overtime to debts off and getting stuff done, i have taken a bit of a month off from spraying my missis megane but gonna go at it again next month to try and get it done before the end of the year!
because of that mine is on the back burner a bit, but the needs must are the door sills are rotten, just bought new ones so they need welding in before any sort of mot and driving!

worth speaking to Andy_Mk3 about the headling, he did his himself and i'm going to mine soon, same as you, it is sagging badly and needs doing.

yea not going to bad mate, getting there slowly. trying to balance doing overtime to debts off and getting stuff done, i have taken a bit of a month off from spraying my missis megane but gonna go at it again next month to try and get it done before the end of the year!
because of that mine is on the back burner a bit, but the needs must are the door sills are rotten, just bought new ones so they need welding in before any sort of mot and driving!

Ah the joys. I know the feeling pal. Just keep plodding along. Soon be Christmas :Cry:

Is there going to be a wake up service because the last show I went to I didn't (couldn't) wake up and wen i did my tent had been collapsed lol :bounce:

Is there going to be a wake up service because the last show I went to I didn't (couldn't) wake up and wen i did my tent had been collapsed lol :bounce:

does people revving their cars count? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back