Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

VBOA National Rally 2021 4th July

Ah yeah, that’s true Kev.

Speaking of covid restrictions, I read through the list that the VBOA issued, It seems problematic to me. I mean I understand the need for most of it, if not all, but it's a little restrictive and awkward to implement. I can't see the 2m distance thing working well at the autojumble, nor can i see the 30 people max on a club stand working, does that include people walking through? Will every stand have to have a gated entrance with someone on it regulating numbers of people coming in?
And finally, the test and trace thing. If someone who attends the show gets a positive test while at the show, I'm not sure if there will be testing at the actual show this is just hypothetically speaking, but if they do get a positive whilst attending, does that mean the show has to shut down?
If this is the way things are going to be this year I can see why Vauxfest aren't doing anything until 2022.

I'm just thinking out loud . . . I don't really have any idea how it's going to play out, but I don't think I'll be attending this year at all, not even for a few hours on the sunday as I originally planned.

Speaking of covid restrictions, I read through the list that the VBOA issued, It seems problematic to me. I mean I understand the need for most of it, if not all, but it's a little restrictive and awkward to implement. I can't see the 2m distance thing working well at the autojumble, nor can i see the 30 people max on a club stand working, does that include people walking through? Will every stand have to have a gated entrance with someone on it regulating numbers of people coming in?
And finally, the test and trace thing. If someone who attends the show gets a positive test while at the show, I'm not sure if there will be testing at the actual show this is just hypothetically speaking, but if they do get a positive whilst attending, does that mean the show has to shut down?
If this is the way things are going to be this year I can see why Vauxfest aren't doing anything until 2022.

I'm just thinking out loud . . . I don't really have any idea how it's going to play out, but I don't think I'll be attending this year at all, not even for a few hours on the sunday as I originally planned.
You raise some valid points, However I think if someone was to test positive in an open field there would be minimum risk, and that's what the whole NHS track and trace app is for to track anyone who has been in close proximity for 15 minutes or longer. I'm hoping people are just going to be extra precautious. I think either way it'll be a good outdoor location to meet, and look forward to seeing some new and old faces.

Hi Everyone, It's show week baby!

I really am gutted I cannot make the show this year but to the people going, I thank you for your commitment and i'm sure you will still have a cracking time! The spirit of the VBOA rally has always been the same, park your car and catch up with friends who you haven't seen in far to long and get to see some great motors as well!

Attached is an electronic show guide that has been put together by the VBOA which can act as a quick reference to let you know what is going on at the show etc.

We have put together a digital show guide, this is in place of the printed item of past years because firstly layout changes "may" happen, although we have done absolutely everything we can to mitigate that this time, secondly it can let the events programme be dynamic should we get late anniversary admissions etc.
It is located here
https://vboa.org.uk/index.php/front-page/vboa-rally-2021/

4dacf84d-d485-b7c2-cf62-f6151eab63bd.png

Enjoy the show :)

Regards
MK3OC admin

You raise some valid points, However I think if someone was to test positive in an open field there would be minimum risk, and that's what the whole NHS track and trace app is for to track anyone who has been in close proximity for 15 minutes or longer. I'm hoping people are just going to be extra precautious. I think either way it'll be a good outdoor location to meet, and look forward to seeing some new and old faces.

Exactly this clegg. Track and trace only goes off for more than 15mins of contact within a very close radius, to someone who later tests positive etc.

I think what you really have to ask yourself is what are the chances of you getting covid in an open field with the breeze blowing by.... I mean we can all go down the pub and sit within a couple of feet of strangers for 2 hours in a closed in environment with air being recirculated through the air conditioning...

If you ask me, a car show is just about the safest thing you can go to!

Exactly this clegg. Track and trace only goes off for more than 15mins of contact within a very close radius, to someone who later tests positive etc.

I think what you really have to ask yourself is what are the chances of you getting covid in an open field with the breeze blowing by.... I mean we can all go down the pub and sit within a couple of feet of strangers for 2 hours in a closed in environment with air being recirculated through the air conditioning...

If you ask me, a car show is just about the safest thing you can go to!
Totally agree I just can't wait to get there now x

All you can do is guarantee your own safety, You can't control what others do sadly.

Here is a sight map of VBOA show, the site entrance is at the very bottom to the left of the vauxhall cresta club

cde60e32-137b-8e6b-3a35-1c076c405e29.jpg

Where is the public car park? Entrance by the victor owners club?

Yea I would of thought so, your correct it isn't lablelled though but I dare say it will be easy to find.

It may turn out this is the entrance to the show if you are showing your vehicle, the actually entrance just off the road would have the pubic carpark right next to it

It really was a great weekend all things considered, here are my best pics of mk3IMG_20210704_190808_201.jpg20210704_164225.jpg20210704_163847.jpg20210703_103109.jpg

I did wonder where the owners club was? Yesterday there were a few Astra mk3 dotted around. Enjoyed the show and only showers on the way back.... DSG , Viva (Outlaws) and victors stands were brilliant... First time to Sywell, doesn't have the billing feel but a lot better than Market Harborough.

Nice to put a face to some names . I never took any pics. How was sunday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back