Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

weird washer problem

Best answers
Reaction score
the nozzles on the front have problem pumping water, just a little drizzle,

the rear seems fine.

cdant see how all 4 front nozzles are clogged

pump gives a nice old sound

any ideas?

thanks

I had all four jets on mine block just before my MOT last year, remove the pipe at the jet and if the water is getting that far the jet are the problem, either clean with a pin or get replacements.

also worth checking, that the feed pipe to the washer jets isnt bent, where the bonnet hinge is. I has this problem, they worked when bonnet was up, but not down. The pipe got crimped, so to speak when the bonnet was closed.

thankxs will try that,
I seem to remember this happened before and with the boinnet up it worked also removeing the pipe from the pump water came out

will have a play around

cheers all

outta curiosity are they difficult to swap out, are they clip in clip outs?

and are they expensive,

assume ones from a breakers will be worn out ones as well ?

I had all four jets on mine block just before my MOT last year, remove the pipe at the jet and if the water is getting that far the jet are the problem, either clean with a pin or get replacements.

There is a little clip on the underside, just use a flat bladed screwdriver to move it to one side then the jet will pop out, they are a couple of quid for new ones or you could get some from a breakers yard.

couple of quid for new jets at the most from a motor factors i would have thought?

tell you summing, take the pump out all together and you will see a small black bit of rubber take that out it WILL be cloged and slow//stop water from going any where, wash the gunge off it and you will also see lot's of black gundge in the bottom of the washer bottel :)

hmm, problem sorted

reomved tank and clent, but also noticed the pump had been sitting a bit higher

and yes clent th gunge outta that black bit

after refitting tank, pushed pump all the way down, and bosh it worked

cheers all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back