Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

what a bitter sweet day

Best answers
Reaction score
took my sport for its MOT today after spending the last couple of months putting it right. it passed!!!!! just needed the headlight aim adjusting which the mot tester kindly did for no charge! that was the sweet!
here's the bitter..... when i went to pick it up they were trying to start it but it wouldnt go. no one could understand why as i'd drove it there and he'd drove it on off ramp etc. so the battery went flat, put the booster pack on to kick it in and something went pop and the whole electric circuit went live but nothing would work!! didnt have a clue what had happend. he made a quick call to his auto electrician who straight away said the booster had f****d the alternator, so he put it up on the ramp disconnected the feed from the alternator re attched the booster and it kicked in straight away. so now ive got an mot'd car that i cant drive till ive got a new one fitted. devo'd!:Cry:

Not good news but at least the Car passed, the alternator can be easily swapped out, but still ouch in the pocket though.

hang on they aint paying for it? thats wrong! they broke it they fix it!

hang on they aint paying for it? thats wrong! they broke it they fix it!

to ****in right they should pay for it, i would stand out side that garage all day telling people what they have and to stay away, cost them money mate dont stand for that ****, and make them pay :thumb:

i know i should stand my ground but i know he was genuinely upset buy the whole saga i got there to collect the car at 4 and left via a tow from my trusty dad (always there when i need a tow) at 5.30. spent the whole time trying to sort it out having said that i didnt leave there with clean hands, i got stuck in as much as him. ive got one on its way to me now so hopefully it'll be going again soon.

good that it passed the mot, but if the booster blew the alternator then surely the problem was with the car and not the booster pack? you would have blew it up anyway !!

good that it passed the mot, but if the booster blew the alternator then surely the problem was with the car and not the booster pack? you would have blew it up anyway !!

maybe, maybe not, 1 of the reasons why i didnt make a fuss about it. just sucks! like i said a bitter sweet day, got an mot'd car that i cant drive :Cry:

it all depends how you look at the fault if the car didnt start then the alternator was probably already gone or going and putting the booster on just blew the regulator in them as it was going, they were only trying to help really as they were not doing anything mechanical on the car for the MOT

glad it passed the MOT

it didnt start because they sent the apprentice to start it and he flooded it but he still carried on turning it over trying and trying (this is when i got there). thats why it went flat. i had to laff at the time cuz the lad turned to his boss and said 'i think it wont start because its ran out of petrol' u could smell the fuel a mile away. :lol:

it didnt start because they sent the apprentice to start it and he flooded it but he still carried on turning it over trying and trying (this is when i got there). thats why it went flat. i had to laff at the time cuz the lad turned to his boss and said 'i think it wont start because its ran out of petrol' u could smell the fuel a mile away. :lol:

lol. what a muppitt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back