Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

who knows about Vauxhall CDTi engines? help needed

Best answers
Reaction score
fitted a DTUk box to my 1.7 cdti 2004 meriva yesterday

during the process i accidnetly pulled out the wrong wiring plug. in doing so, the sensor came out from its position too

i then found the sensor and fitted the wiring back into it, but i cant foe he life of me find or see where the sensor goes

now, when i accelerate pretty quickly and rev it to about 4k and change rear, the turbo stops. it will then kick in again after i have slowed down.

im thinking this might be related to the sensor

does anyone recognise it?

help

IMAG0247.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

IMAG0248.jpg

and the wiring plug (grey/purple) at the rear of the engine

IMAG0244.jpg

I was gonna suggest it looks like it could be a boost sensor on the turbo, it looks like it is meant to connect to a pipe or a hole in something

EDIT

just done a quick google and its a MAP sensor, it looks like the ones in google images at any rate

Further EDIT

apparantly the Boost or MAP sensor (apparantly on the CDTI its the same thing) is located on the back of the inlet manifold

Last edited:
Sadly i cant find anything further on the location of the MAP sensor or "Boost Charge sensor" the 1.9 cdti is different, its on the top of that, just looking at your pic though, in the middle there is the wiring loom and to the left of that is an aluminium looking piece with a hole in it? maybe there. All I can suggest is look under the car for small holes that it might plug into. If i find anything ille let you know

ok, just a wild stab in the dark here, the hole should be located somewhere in the region of the EGR valve, or just before it, I had a quick scan read of a forum on the RAC site LINK it doesnt directly desribe your problem, but it points to where it might be located

here, this might be it, the sensor is right at the end of the inlet, if its the one i think it is, just below where the EGR would be, you will have to expand the pic

LINK

worth a shot mate, i assumed the engine in the car is a z17dth

yes mate that is where the EGR goes, its the same according to an arcticle i found i think on migweb??? about cleaning the 1.7 cdti egr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back