Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Who needs an Astra anyway?

Reaction score
Not me apparently :doh:

Bonnet doesn't open so have to assess slam panel damage the fun way:

Dunno if it's worth repairing or not, needs a bonnet, passenger light and indicator, grille, bumper and lastly a front panel.

Annoyingly a few hours before I taxed it for a year online, so gotta get onto them in a sec to try and cancel it just in case.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Was off to see a mate, came off the A3M at the Morrison junction. Traffic was nice and clear, car in front of me went ('04 Megan), I went, Megan stopped pretty much dead, I, er, didn't :redface:

He blamed a taxi in front of him, still I hit him so my fault etc. It didn't look that cosmetically damaged but the boot didn't seem quite right so it's probably going to be my first insurance claim. Good job I have protected NCD I suppose. As both cars were pretty much hard on the brakes my bonnet seems to have taken the brunt of it, which is why it's nigh on flat at the front.

Car means nothing to me, just a runabout. Shouldn't be overly tough to repair, but it's replacing the front panel that is the cause for concern.

Also depends what makes more sense financially, fixing it up, or replacing it with another £400 ****ter.

Last edited:

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
que scooby and the kill pineapple comments

Users who are viewing this thread