Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Yeah that's pretty outrageous isn't it :(

London sucks anyway though, I'd move :D

******* too right, I only went to heathrow the other day and thought **** this **** lol

had to pay the bloody ulez twice, even though all i did was drive to the airport!

I hate London

I have been summoned…

Yup, I’m still lurking. I pop in once or twice a week to see what’s happening.

Life’s pretty sh*t atm if I’m honest.

Firstly in October ‘21, ULEZ was extended and I essentially lost my mobility/freedom to go on long trips like up to VBOA. Then in April ‘22 I essentially lost my job due to my mental health having a negative effect on my work (they said I can go back to it once my issues are dealt with, but any improvement is looking doubtful atm tbh), and I’ve been stuck in a rut since. Then at the end of last year I lost my mum, which among other things, really took a toll on my personal finances (not having her pension and various benefits to help pay bills etc), plus the added responsibilities of now having to be a grown up. Paying bills etc with just a fortnightly ESA means I have little to no money to myself.

Dealing with all that BS, plus the daily feeling of swimming upstream in a raging river of sh*t… As you can imagine it’s drained pretty much any enthusiasm I had for most things, plus my sleep schedule is f*cked with a capital F*CKED.

Anyway, that’s what’s been happening on planet Andy.

Sorry for the trauma dump… but, yeah.

VBOA: I would love to, buuuut…

I’m in the process of choosing another car, the issue is just getting my sleep schedule back to a decent pattern so I can phone insurers etc. Once that’s sorted, then the process can get rolling properly. But I have my mum’s life insurance payout to help fund that (it was only 5k, so not a massive amount).

ULEZ: … yeeeeeeeeeah, about that.

I could go on an hour plus long rant about that bullsh*t tax on hard working people. All for the sake of an egotistical little rat faced short arse who only cares about their own legacy as major…

But yeah, as Dave said. I was stressing out and rushing around trying to return the car back to standard and weighing up my options with what to do with it in the days leading up to the extension. I don’t doubt for a second that it had a negative effect on me and contributed to the decline in my overall mentality.

I still haven’t had a chance to properly think about what to do with the car. I could sell it as is (rusty and barely worth £100), fix it up to a presentable standard and sell it for a decent price, or put a newer engine in it and get it back on the road (I like this option). There’s just so many things that are causing uncertainty etc, that I’ve just put it to the back of my mind to avoid triggering a mental breakdown lol.

STILL ALIVE:

… just about.

Last edited:
Didn't think about that, new ecowrek engine with a cat on it, you'd be away!

Sounds like you've had a rough run of it with everyone, small improvements one day at a time and power through mate

******* too right, I only went to heathrow the other day and thought **** this **** lol

had to pay the bloody ulez twice, even though all i did was drive to the airport!
All because of that utter pen1s gobbler Kahn.

I have been summoned…

Yup, I’m still lurking. I pop in once or twice a week to see what’s happening.

Life’s pretty sh*t atm if I’m honest.

Firstly in October ‘21, ULEZ was extended and I essentially lost my mobility/freedom to go on long trips like up to VBOA. Then in April ‘22 I essentially lost my job due to my mental health having a negative effect on my work (they said I can go back to it once my issues are dealt with, but any improvement is looking doubtful atm tbh), and I’ve been stuck in a rut since. Then at the end of last year I lost my mum, which among other things, really took a toll on my personal finances (not having her pension and various benefits to help pay bills etc), plus the added responsibilities of now having to be a grown up. Paying bills etc with just a fortnightly ESA means I have little to no money to myself.

Dealing with all that BS, plus the daily feeling of swimming upstream in a raging river of sh*t… As you can imagine it’s drained pretty much any enthusiasm I had for most things, plus my sleep schedule is f*cked with a capital F*CKED.

Anyway, that’s what’s been happening on planet Andy.

Sorry for the trauma dump… but, yeah.
Andy, I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your mum. Some people know, some dont that I lost my dad then in a short time became the carer for my mum while she battled cancer. In the end it went south fast and she passed away. It hit me so hard I struggled extremely bad but did get help for it. Still struggle at times but if you want a chat or anything pm is always open.

Lets not talk Ulez but what is wrong with your Astra from memory - Bring me up to speed on it.

VBOA: I would love to, buuuut…

I’m in the process of choosing another car, the issue is just getting my sleep schedule back to a decent pattern so I can phone insurers etc. Once that’s sorted, then the process can get rolling properly. But I have my mum’s life insurance payout to help fund that (it was only 5k, so not a massive amount).

ULEZ: … yeeeeeeeeeah, about that.

I could go on an hour plus long rant about that bullsh*t tax on hard working people. All for the sake of an egotistical little rat faced short arse who only cares about their own legacy as major…

But yeah, as Dave said. I was stressing out and rushing around trying to return the car back to standard and weighing up my options with what to do with it in the days leading up to the extension. I don’t doubt for a second that it had a negative effect on me and contributed to the decline in my overall mentality.

I still haven’t had a chance to properly think about what to do with the car. I could sell it as is (rusty and barely worth £100), fix it up to a presentable standard and sell it for a decent price, or put a newer engine in it and get it back on the road (I like this option). There’s just so many things that are causing uncertainty etc, that I’ve just put it to the back of my mind to avoid triggering a mental breakdown lol.

STILL ALIVE:

… just about.
So sorry to read that entire post, and ever so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum, inbox is always open, I battle with a more controlled anxiety, and have the days of being stuck in that rut, but they’re a lot fewer and far between these days.

Life is already expensive to them have ulez on top, and now I see from December 2026 electric cars are to be charged for some zones.

Car wise…. I’ve always thought a 1.4 turbo from the newer corsa would mate well with the mk3s.

Sounds like you've had a rough time Andy. Sorry to hear about the loss of your mum, that is tough to go through along with everything else. Mental health is a big battle for many, there's plenty of help out there to be taken so do so if you wish.

The whole ULEZ thing is a complete joke. It's ruined the lives of so many people, hard working people that can no longer commute in their cars and vans that they need to earn a living. While it would be possible to make a Mk3 ULEZ compliant, it would not be a particularly cheap or easy venture sadly. As TubaMagna8 says, the 1.4 Turbo lump from a Corsa would be a sweet engine for the Mk3 and would make it compliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back