Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

xBay Chip Tuning - What's hot and what's not.

good info mate i was looking at this the other day and im glad i didnt buy it lol thanks

is it not true the cheapes way of gettin more bhp is piggy back systems altho they are still not cheap

Hello thought i would let you all know that ive not seen one of these "tuning chips" for a while but i have started to see these pop up on there: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAVE-PETROL-F...tem4a98f2bcd6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=

Pretty much a peice of ally you pop into the inlet pipes which creates a "vortex" and therefore saves you up to 30% in fuel and an increse of up to 35 hourse power!

I can see one problem with this, yes a car does run better when the air is turning in a vortex manor, however after the tb, its going to stop turning! the throttle butterfly will act like a barrier stopping any (if there is at all!) vortex, and if any DOES get past the tb it will stop once it gets into the plenum!
Looking through the feedback of the seller offering "the best on eBay!" im pretty sure that not everyone is entierly satisfied!

I have been reading your advert and Ive noticed a few irregularites, firstly, have you ever tested this product on a Vauxhall/opel and gained 35hp &+31%mpg? Secondly if this unit it placed in front of the throttle the throttlebody is going to stop any votex the it creates and if any did get past the throttlebody it would then vanish once it enters into the plenum! anyone mechanically or engineeringly minded can see this and im absolutly shocked that you have sold so many (i suppose that it could be a phsycosematic result!).

All i can say is that you are selling a thin sheet of alluminium to thousands of people stating miricle results that are ABSOLUTLY impossible to achive!!

the only other examples of this type of shocking sales tactics are the "electric supercharger" & the miricle "tuning chip" resistors! both or which can cause damage to the engine!!

sincerely!

I have sent this towards them as Ive seen some shocking numbers before but that is an absolut ****take!

Hmm. Looks like a complete loads of crap to me. I bet the feedback is from people who give feedback as soon as it arrives and before fitting it.

It is, how can anyone gain that much power & mpg from a vortex? that doesnt even get to the place it needs to!

the throttle body will only block air flow once it is closed, and as soon as it opens, the vortex can pass through it, just like how a tornado can pass through an obstruction like a house, or a tree, and not be destroyed

air is very dynamic

and the auction clearly states UP TO 35 hp - this is vehicle dependant, and common gains for the opel are 3-5 hp and 5-10% mileage

Thats rich! sending back:

Unfortunatly for starters i REALLY do not believe
any car will gain 35 hp and 31% milage from this
product! The throttle butterfly sits virticle
inside the throttlebody which stops any vortex.
Not only that but once the air reaches the plenum
chamber (the part of the manifold which splits
into the amount of cylinders the engine has) it
will dissapate even IF it gets past the butterfly!
yes air is dynamic, but it does not in the
slightest impossible!

Also you say that the common gains for
vauxhall/opels are 3-5hp and about 10% milage but
has this been tested or is this just your best
guess?

finally a tornado wont be destroyed by a house or
a tree becuase its 1 not restricted into a small
chamber and 2 it EATS THE HOUSE/TREE/ANYTHING else
that it passes! this note is absolute tosh!!
!

This guy is a freakin joke!

Cool =D

I think its a waste of time, but he seems to think that advertising something that can give you that much power and better fuel economy at the same time............ i thinks its a load of bollox! Oh and they do still sell these chips, they been popping up agian!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back