Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Arctic 2 no power to compressor

Best answers
Reaction score
Hello, I feel out of my depth with this one. I have checked all the fuses and swapped a few relevant relays as well as bridging a couple pins on the pressure switch but no luck getting the compressor to work. The revs do dip and adjust and the fan comes on but the compressor doesn't kick in. I have just had it regassed yesterday so this is hugely annoying and don't want to waste the 50 quid. I would appreciate any help thrown my way.

I have an arctic, i fixed ours recently. ultimately ours had blown fuse 10 on the bulkhead as the wiring to the compressor had chafed. i would remove the electrical connector from the compressor and manually feed power and ground to the compressor terminals and make sure the compressor clutch kicks in. you dont need the engine running. make sure you get the +/- in the correct terminals. as another test you could also try wiring a small 12v bulb in the connector that you removed from the compressor, run the engine, turn the aircon on and that bulb should light. if the bulb lights i would suspect the compressor.

I apologize for the late reply. I did exactly what you said and tested with 12v directly to it and the clutch kicked in perfectly. I tapped into that 10a fuse to switch on a new relay fed directly to it from inline fuse to battery. Now it still works off the button but properly bypassed the pressure switches.

Sorry i cant get with what your saying. is the a/c now working with a new relay spiced in and the pressure switches bypassed? if that is correct the fault must be the pressure switch? have you checked the factory fitted a/c relay. the a/c relay is one of the green ones under the bonnet in the relay box where that 10a fuse is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back