Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Arctic Project (Take 2)

Spigots for wheels or discs?

Im sure my mtec discs didnt need them but I MIGHT have some if you do need disc ones ping me a message on fb or anywhere ill post them up
For the discs as the central bore is a different size between models that use the bigger discs.
I did find some for about £15
i've never heard of disc spigot rings? wouldn't of thought you would need them as the 2 screws hold the disc to the drive flange?
Sure there was only one screw on these?

Got a delivery of plugs the other day, with new crimps, was able to make up some new plugs and looms etc.
IMG_2585.jpeg

Started by putting a new plug on for the intake air temp sensor.
Learnt the hard way have to feed the wire through before crimping :frusty:

IMG_2523.jpeg

IMG_2524.jpeg

Then started on the throttle body loom
IMG_2574.jpeg

IMG_2582.jpeg

IMG_2588.jpeg

IMG_2589.jpeg
Maybe a little long but better than being too short.

Then did one for the coolant sensor too
IMG_2591.jpeg

Crimped the coolant sensors off with a deutsch connector and labelled too…
IMG_2600.jpeg

New loom plug…
IMG_2603.jpeg

Used the pins 1-4 for the injector switched negative and 5 is for the constant live.
IMG_2604.jpeg

IMG_2606.jpeg

Chopped the old one out… no going back now
IMG_2609.jpeg
All wired in….
IMG_2623.jpeg

Look oem+

IMG_2621.jpeg

IMG_2625.jpeg

Now to get it all connected and hope it all works

i've never heard of disc spigot rings? wouldn't of thought you would need them as the 2 screws hold the disc to the drive flange?
When i had the 4pots on my gsi the discs came with spigots. It used to be common on 288/280mm swaps to do it

When i had the 4pots on my gsi the discs came with spigots. It used to be common on 288/280mm swaps to do it
Ahh okay, well I’m gonna order the discs next pay day and see what they come with. In two minds either to clean them up and paint them or get them powder coated

Got myself some labels for my Dad brother label printer, Got the small yellow ones, bit of an after thought and I didn't have any clear shrink wrap so used some of the loom tape to help secure.

Been able to label/number for each injector as the original loom was

IMG_2853.jpeg

With the lower inlet on, I filled with some coolant, and no leaks. Just put some spare Injectors in as mine where off to be tested and overhauled.
IMG_2867.jpeg

I did get it started, The seals need doing on the injectors in their so looking forward to getting mine back.
But it works!

For now im going to get it running, with the likes of the SAI, so as that is going back on ive Cleaned up the brackets and everything so they look smart.

Before:
IMG_2871.jpeg

After

IMG_2872.jpeg

The other wiring needs tidying up, but it's running, and time to get it moved and can get it cleaned and polished.

IMG_2875.jpeg

Started back on this last week after a few days away from it.

First problem I couldn't get the bonnet open as I had removed this to clean it up and hadn't realised it had a purpose.....
IMG_3279.jpeg

I then started on with sorting a proper grounding spot out for some of the loom which was originally grounded around the throttle body.

Used some of my stainless steel Allen bolts and some washers to fill the hole on the drivers side suspension pillar.
IMG_3352.jpeg

Next was to wrap and tidy the remaining cables for the other parts. This was fairly easy and ive been able to hide most of the loom under the black plastic cover on the scuttle.

IMG_3351.jpeg

IMG_3354.jpeg

Cleared all the fault codes whilst I had the laptop nearby.

IMG_3288.jpeg

Will be taxing tomorrow I hope and get it driving about, Car show next week so need to get it looking presentable for that.
IMG_3355.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back