Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Bah, accident damage

johninthemountains

Club Member
Best answers
Reaction score
Hi all, a car bashed into my side a week ago. I have a quote for repairs which is likely to write the cat off. I want to keep it and do the repairs myself. The insurance company are likely to try to downgrade the costs. My rear door and sill needs repair and painting. Here's the question ... The wheel was hit damaging the hub and wheel itself. It's drivable but i heard somewhere that if an aluminium wheel suffers damage it should be replaced. Is there some official recognition and statement of this anywhere? I've tried googling it but not too helpful. It would help to add the cost of a new wheel to justify write-off. Thanks

If my wheel was hit I would replace it, you could of stressed the wheel where it bolts to the car, gotta remember was is the concequences of not doing it!

Thank you, I'll do that anyway. Need something to argue the loss adjuster into agreeing, thanks for that

Hi all, a car bashed into my side a week ago. I have a quote for repairs which is likely to write the cat off. I want to keep it and do the repairs myself. The insurance company are likely to try to downgrade the costs. My rear door and sill needs repair and painting. Here's the question ... The wheel was hit damaging the hub and wheel itself. It's drivable but i heard somewhere that if an aluminium wheel suffers damage it should be replaced. Is there some official recognition and statement of this anywhere? I've tried googling it but not too helpful. It would help to add the cost of a new wheel to justify write-off. Thanks
I had a friend who insisted on welding the crack on his alloys, bearing in mind that he cracked it several times. The wheel has more lead weights on it now rather than the original aluminium and then they could never get the wheel true. It was like an egg!!

Ha ha! Don't think white alloys will suit my astra. It does make me think I'll spray them when i do the car though. Not white

Users who are viewing this thread

Back