Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

carbon monoxide emissions

Best answers
Reaction score
Hi,
I am struggling to get the level down ready for the MOT. I have had several new sensors (Lambada) and a new cat. I have put several additives in the fuel and done 100 miles and the EML is still on? I have read about getting the cat warm by progressive driving, this still has not put the light out.

Any advice

Thanks

I am unsure how to read the codes out as I dont have a code reader, I have been told it is the mixture 2nd idle, the light goes out when I restart the car and comes on after about 1 mile of driving? I think it is trying to re-set the EM....? I am putting through 97-99 ron as well.
Thanks

Whats your car? year and engine. Google how to paperclip the diagnostic connector terminals and you should be able to read the codes.

sorry for being vague, i cant remember. you need to link 2 specific terminals on the diagnostic connector in the fusebox with a paperclip. with the ignition on, the ecu light will blink the codes at you. google it up and follow the instructions specific to your type of diagnostic connector, if i recall there are two types of diagnostic connector

Thanks for the info, I have now bought a OBD scanner, I hope it is compatible for the car? I am unsure why I should be getting an error code though as from a rebuild only 600 miles ago, it has had all sensors replaced, cat, exhaust, engine rebuild. I have even put through additives to reduce emissions....

I got a code reader but I need the 10 pin adaptor. I have ordered one and awaiting delivery... I am sure it will say it is the lambada sensor , I replaced this before only 200 miles ago and then the light came on again.... so it has had two new ones .....annoying when all parts are new on the motor from a full rebuild.

Check for intake vacuum leaks and hopefully you replaced the lambda with a decent quality item as they can be fussy. You really need the codes reading though to see what's being flagged as it might not be what you're thinking.

This shows you the paperclip test and associated codes click me for the early 10-pin diag connector.

If you're struggling I have Opcom and 10-pin adaptor so can read codes. I'm just down the road from you so if you wish to discuss me coming to you or you coming to me drop me a PM.

Hi,

Thanks for the info that is really appreciated... I have just had the lead delivered so when the weather clears I am going to take it a run and see what error I get .... Thanks again for the link.... I am now over at Belper now, so not too far...

Thanks

Hi, I am hoping to have a look tonight, if not it will be at the weekend....
Thanks for asking appreciate it...

I linked up the code reader with the 10 pin reducer, the reader wont connect to the engine?? The display says cannot detect engine?

I will have to try the two pin method....

Thanks for the info, I have used two of them, I think they are a good replacement brand.

I linked up the code reader with the 10 pin reducer, the reader wont connect to the engine?? The display says cannot detect engine?

I will have to try the two pin method....

Did the paperclip method work for you? As I said I have Opcom and adaptor loom so happy to scoot over if you need it one evening and totally stuck as you're still not far or could meet you in the Ripley McD carpark as it's about halfway. Drop me a PM if interested and we can exchange numbers.

I have noticed to clear the codes you have to disconnect the battery for 5 mins so Ill give that a go.... Thanks for the kind offer.... I do hope it works.

Appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back