Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Gsi astra not starting

Gsi Nml

Club Member
Best answers
Reaction score
Hi I’ve just joined the group I’m having a prob with my Gsi Astra it won’t start I don’t have any auxiliary lights in my dashboard but the car is turning over any help greatly appreciated thanks

Hi there, people are still on this site - just not perhaps the same numbers as back in the day.
Great you got the proper membership - guess you won't be getting annoying ads.

What checks have you done? Any spark at plugs? Fuel pump priming?

Hello is anybody on this site I’ve paid membership and have heard nothing ?

Sorry mate, i'm not on here everyday with life being in the way, but now ive seen your post lets see if we can help.

have you checked for spark at the plugs or fuel? can you hear the fuel pump run when cranking?

tbh if you have no light on the dash, seems like it would be a fuse?

To be fair you've not given much to go off as we don't have crystal balls. Maybe give some idea of what you've done and what its doing along with what Mark, Dave and Karlos have asked people can reply when they are free to help.

Hi I’ve just joined the group I’m having a prob with my Gsi Astra it won’t start I don’t have any auxiliary lights in my dashboard but the car is turning over any help greatly appreciated thanks
Sorry mate, i'm not on here everyday with life being in the way, but now ive seen your post lets see if we can help.

have you checked for spark at the plugs or fuel? can you hear the fuel pump run when cranking?

tbh if you have no light on the dash, seems like it would be a fuse?
I removed the Clifford complete alarm system rejoined the wires on the starter and tidy any of wires in the glove box where the alarm was reconnted the battery up and started up straight away the alarm must just had its day well wired too I must say it was all soldered at all the wiring Linus into the harness pity it didn’t keep working as def was good security for the car but it was temperament at the end there thanks for trying to help just new to the website thanks to all how replyed Neil

To be fair you've not given much to go off as we don't have crystal balls. Maybe give some idea of what you've done and what its doing along with what Mark, Dave and Karlos have asked people can reply when they are free to help.
removed the Clifford complete alarm system rejoined the wires on the starter and tidy any of wires in the glove box where the alarm was reconnted the battery up and started up straight away the alarm must just had its day well wired too I must say it was all soldered at all the wiring Linus into the harness pity it didn’t keep working as def was good security for the car but it was temperament at the end there thanks for trying to help just new to the website thanks to all how replyed Neil

I removed the Clifford complete alarm system rejoined the wires on the starter and tidy any of wires in the glove box where the alarm was reconnted the battery up and started up straight away the alarm must just had its day well wired too I must say it was all soldered at all the wiring Linus into the harness pity it didn’t keep working as def was good security for the car but it was temperament at the end there thanks for trying to help just new to the website thanks to all how replyed Neil
Hi there, people are still on this site - just not perhaps the same numbers as back in the day.

removed the Clifford complete alarm system rejoined the wires on the starter and tidy any of wires in the glove box where the alarm was reconnted the battery up and started up straight away the alarm must just had its day well wired too I must say it was all soldered at all the wiring Linus into the harness pity it didn’t keep working as def was good security for the car but it was temperament at the end there thanks for trying to help just new to the website thanks to all how replyed Neil

Glad its fixed mine had a clifford alarm fitted and was the best thing when i ripped it out no more non starts to! As you said good in its day but thats it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back