Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Leaking Steering Pump

Best answers
Reaction score
Greetings,

MK3 Astra Saloon 1.4 44KW
75000 Miles

Last week oil pan gasket is changed because the slow leaking, its fine now no leaking from there but i recognize some leaking from to steering pump,
not leaking like crazy but i cleaned 1 week ago with cleaner spray like a brake cleaner, and after 1 week when i touch the pump i get the visibly oil drops on my hand my mechanic says we need to change the pump.

Now i'm looking for some GM pump but still can't find it should i go for a other brand with no quality guarantee or stuck with original pump until it goes down.

i would monitor it for now and keep a look out for a second hand original pump as that may be better than an aftermarket one. it may take
a long time for the leak to get worse?

i would monitor it for now and keep a look out for a second hand original pump as that may be better than an aftermarket one. it may take
a long time for the leak to get worse?
alrighty im gonna monitor it pal is this a common failure, are all mk3s have this problem eventually or just my bad luck mate?

its like , the bottom half is oily but top half is clean , its not leaking like hell the oil level is good and steering works fine for now
Mine is like this as well but I’m nearly sure the leak is coming from the crankshaft water pumps leaking down the side and it runs on to the pas pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back