Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Arctic Project (Take 2)

Good progress so far mate, Corsa wheels will be a nice oem+ mod for sure

The way they butchered the cat off.. I take it you bought it from some sort of scrap person or something?

Nice project Arctic. My wifes car in my signature was originally an Arctic 1.6 8v which you could feel slow down when you turned the AC on which I always found amusing, the 3L V6 conversion put a stop to that issue :thumb:

I have no idea but thought you meant limited edition corsa d wheels as they look mega on a mk3 (trying to find a picture i have of one done)

s-l300.jpg

These also look mega

astra017.jpg

Good progress so far mate, Corsa wheels will be a nice oem+ mod for sure

The way they butchered the cat off.. I take it you bought it from some sort of scrap person or something?
They took it as part ex, but new one is on and it’s back to normal.

I have no idea but thought you meant limited edition corsa d wheels as they look mega on a mk3 (trying to find a picture i have of one done)

s-l300.jpg

These also look mega

astra017.jpg
I wanted those, but thought these 16s looked good and they reminded me a bit of the omega elites. Hopefully get them on in the next few weeks. Think I’m going to leave the stereo and sound upgrades for the winter.

Few weeks away doing various other things, Got back yesterday from a long week in Scotland. Got the tyres fitted to the new alloys and got them put on the car, Looks so much better!

IMG_1460.JPG

Aircon was regassed a week or so ago, but the valve was leaking, Seems its kept the gas in as the Aircon is still working which was welcome for the trip to the tyre place!

I'm sorry to say I dont think they look right, look strange

I quite like the wheels Clegg, would probably improve the look if it was lowered, but otherwise they're nice wheels :)

It definitely shows how much you've learnt since owning your last mk3, good to see you getting stuck in and getting things done :D

I quite like the wheels Clegg, would probably improve the look if it was lowered, but otherwise they're nice wheels :)

It definitely shows how much you've learnt since owning your last mk3, good to see you getting stuck in and getting things done :D
Thanks mate :) Yes think it needs lowering, Done a few bits here and there, needs the corsa caps as the normal ones are too long.

Got a newer stereo for it, and ordered a plug for the MFD that arrived last week. Think the next job to be done is the timing belt then ill be a bit more willing to use it.

Thanks mate :) Yes think it needs lowering, Done a few bits here and there, needs the corsa caps as the normal ones are too long.

Got a newer stereo for it, and ordered a plug for the MFD that arrived last week. Think the next job to be done is the timing belt then ill be a bit more willing to use it.

whats your plans for fitting the MFD as you wont have any of the wiring for the sensors?

whats your plans for fitting the MFD as you wont have any of the wiring for the sensors?
I will try to wire some of the sensors in, such as the coolant, although that might have to be a bodge as the proper ones are rare and pricey. got it more for the range and MPG.

will the range and the MPG work? I haven't looked at the wiring diagrams, but I wonder how it works
It should i hope, It know the speed and the tank sender is electronic. could be a steep learning curve. Started looking at powerboxes too :biggrin:

Out with the old, and in with the new....

IMG_1618.JPEG

Was a good radio for its time, but after being used to DAB & bluetooth i thought it was better to have something a bit more modern.
first time for me fitting a third party stereo so had to do a bit of searching and asking for help but got there in the end.
IMG_1619.JPEG

Think i will upgrade the door speakers and probably add an amp as the head unit gives out rca for them. A subwoofer is on the cards as well.

I like how i was able to set the colour to the same scheme as the display above, and fits with that halogen style of back lighting.IMG_1627.JPEG

Just had to get an ariel adapter to use the FM radio, Also been looking into modules that will use the fm ariel for dab. Rather than one of those cheap things on the windscreen.

So I've been doing a few various things but really wanted to give it a good clean up and a polish. Got a Chemical Guys Quantum White polishing pad. Gave her a good clean sponge and a bit of decontamination, then on with the DA...

IMG_1698.JPEG

It was quite annoying how the water would sit on the paintwork, and made it difficult to dry. But the paintwork looked rather tired and dull.
IMG_1700(2).JPEG

After a few goes over with the DA I then added some Black Hole glaze and finished with some Gentleman club wax from EZ car care. I was fairly happy with the results but didn't "perk" up enough for me, so moved on to the other panels and it got more addicitive.
IMG_1703(2).JPEG

Noticeable difference between the front door and rear door....
IMG_1707(1).JPEG

The light was starting to go, so thought i better crack on... Put some tyre black on and it looks a lot smarter!

Will update with any beading action in the coming weeks!
IMG_1713.jpg

Nice stereo that, can't beat an Alpine, mine is still going strong after 15 odd years!

With the MFD, not a lot of the check control functions will work, and to be honest not a lot worth the hassle of wiring up. As for MPG etc, it wont read accurately unless it's reprogrammed for that engine with Tech2 AFAIK. But it's worth fitting for just having a much nicer looking display IMHO.

Lovely work on the polishing though, that comes up amazingly well :thumb:

With the MFD, not a lot of the check control functions will work, and to be honest not a lot worth the hassle of wiring up. As for MPG etc, it wont read accurately unless it's reprogrammed for that engine with Tech2 AFAIK. But it's worth fitting for just having a much nicer looking display IMHO
Yeah, I was going to see how much i could add, I did read about the reprogramming thing, Surely as long as i connect it to the OBD port i can use opcom to change it? Again looking forward to what i can add.

I will probably try to add cruise at some point too, and have a mirror and a control just need another mirror and get on with fitting the leccy mirrors.

Also got a set of angel eyes coming too. Timing belt is being done next week so be a bit more willing to use it after that is done, before the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back