Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Jimmk3's C20let Gsi

Best answers
Reaction score
Thought it was about time that i started a build thread! So here we go. Owned the astra coming up for two years now and am currently undergoing a c20let conversion. Here are a few pics of the car when i first bought it...

(old astra in the background looking sorry for itself lol)

And a few more recent ones;

Getting ready to be disassembled for the new engine;

And how it stands now;

(just a mock up of how the intercooler could sit, have yet to mount it properly)

Few pics of the engine;

Nice shiny new forge actuator and custom bracket that i got made up at work!

Bought the tall engine (no ancilleries) last November and got it for what i thought was a decent price with it being rebuilt 2-3k miles ago and have been slowly gathering parts since. Am still in need of a few more parts but i cant wait to get it up and running!

Awesome, a C20LET build, think this is like the 2nd one I've seen on here in like 2 years now! Before that it was LET everywhere you looked :lol:

i was going to keep my mouth shut with this one and not say that four letter word lol

Nice that is. Did you get receipts for proof of the rebuild?

No receipts unfortunately but plenty of photos were taken during rebuild (i know this isnt always good to go by) and the guy seemed pretty genuine to be honest

Cheers guys!

After looking through TomF's build thread, have bought the power steering pipes from an AC astra to solve the problem of the boost pipes fouling the power steering pipes. Also new td rad to be ordered soon

very nice jim, nice to see a white gsi don't see many now

good luck with the build

Thanks mate! Just been looking through your build thread, cars looking awesome! Looks like you have the same intercooler as i do. Did you have to cut away any of your bumper or the cross member at the front to fit it?

Im assuming all will be well if it came to cutting away the front cross member to fit the intercooler mot wise?

Nice to see a new build thread/car on here tbh! Even if it is technically a old one lol :)

Good good a nice CLET build. What you done with the redtop??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back